CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 08, 2002, 02:32 PM

sponsored links

Damn... actually it still has the problem? Uhh i figured out that when i disconnect the power cord going into the cdrom and reconnect it, then turn on my computer it'll work until i turn of the computer... but when i turn it back on the cd burner will have the problem again????
Old Jul 09, 2002, 01:00 AM
suspended

OK then, it may be a hardware conflict. In Control Panel select System & expand the CDROM list. Find the burner, right click on it & select 'remove' then reboot the PC.
Old Jul 10, 2002, 01:33 AM

Aight... i just went through and did what you said, but it still is having the same problem. It is weird because the burner worked fine up till a couple of days ago and then all of a sudden we are having problems. Also it is weird how if i unplug the power cable going into the cd burner then plug it in again it works until i restart my computer??? I am totally confused as to why it is doing this?
Old Jul 10, 2002, 07:59 PM
suspended

OK then, I've heard about this problem before but never actually seen it.
Your BIOS may be set up with the Burner in PIO mode 4 rather than DMA 2, restart your PC and as it boots up enter into the BIOS (read the system prompts, generally it will be the delete key, you'll see a message like 'press delete to enter setup'). Navigate through the menus until you find the IDE devices, select the Burner and check it's properties, if you see PIO Mode then you should be able to cycle through the available options until you find DMA 2 (or perhaps DMA 1).

Take care to not alter any other settings & note any settings on the burner you do change in case you need to set them back again.

Let me know how you go.
Old Jul 11, 2002, 02:10 AM

ok... umm i'm running Windows Xp will i be able to run Bios in using it??? Also is there a key that i hold down when the computer is booting up to make it go into Bios?
Old Jul 11, 2002, 03:28 AM

Delete key