CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 11, 2002, 01:39 PM
Veteran

Default People with DVDROM drive issues read in!

sponsored links

I have also has some issues with a couple of systems and I was wondering if you can try something out. Get a can of compressed air, eject the tray and place the nozzle or put the thin plastic tube on the nozzle and put the plastic tube into the opening of the DVDROM and blow for 2-4 seconds. Move the can back and forth, but don't shake it as the propellant will come out and you will have made it worse. Then try to load a game that you had some issues with. Report your findings here!

Worked for me 2x and I have tried it only 2x. One was when Burnout on Memorex CDRW would take FOREVER loading, like 5+ minutes. I did the air duster trick and viola! It loaded within 1 min!
Old Jul 11, 2002, 02:20 PM

It sounds as if you are simply cleaning the lense, by doing this, I am wondering if running a lense cleaning disk in the system would have the same effect. Someone who is having problems may want to try this and post the results, it would be a great help to others with the same problem.
Old Jul 12, 2002, 01:25 PM
Veteran

Ok, did a couple more systems last night and 1 responded really well to the cleaning, and one didn't do so well, but it did marginally.