CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 11, 2002, 03:45 PM
Veteran

Default Burning on the fly HELP

sponsored links

When burning on the fly it tells me my source and destination drives are on the same IDE.Works OK,I only have a 4X burner. If I change to a high speed burner will this make any difference. Thanks for any help
Old Jul 11, 2002, 04:01 PM
Veteran

some people say that it does matter others say that it makes no difference - you'll just have to try it and see
Old Jul 11, 2002, 04:07 PM
Veteran

Surely there's a positive answer to this
Old Jul 11, 2002, 04:36 PM
suspended

On many systems, if you burn at 16X or higher, you'll need to move the reader to Primary Slave and keep the burner on Secondary Master. In fact, it's recommended to do so. But yinyan is correct, some systems will burn OK with the 2 on same channel.
Old Jul 11, 2002, 04:48 PM
Veteran

Thanks Van,come to the rescue once again
Old Jul 11, 2002, 05:02 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Van Nugent [/i]
[B]On many systems, if you burn at 16X or higher, you'll need to move the reader to Primary Slave and keep the burner on Secondary Master. In fact, it's recommended to do so. But yinyan is correct, some systems will burn OK with the 2 on same channel. [/B]

This is how mine is set up, works fine.

Make sure your reader reads at twice the speed of the writer. Even drives rated at 52x are not true 52x readers. That is the theoretical maximum speed. They will read data and audio at different speeds. Run Nero drivespeed and see!

If you want to copy on the fly, you will find that the writer stops and starts if you try to write anything over 16x.
I always copy to image first and write at 24x, does'nt take that much longer and you won't make so many coasters. (i've made a few of them in my time!)