CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Data Protection/Compression
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 14, 2002, 09:02 AM

Question total hard drive encryption

sponsored links

I need to know how to encrypt a whole hard drive, or atleast a partition of it. Due to the fact that certain things are not allowed into Saudi Arabia, and that I go there often, I would like to take files with me. Unfortunately, customs searches computers and luggage for these files/images.....I need to encrypt the whole partition of my hard drive so I don't have to worry about this anymore.

Anyone???
Old Jul 14, 2002, 07:40 PM
Veteran

test
Old Jul 15, 2002, 04:36 AM

Hmm, wouldn't encrypting our hard drives contents tend to make them suspicious and more apt to want to tear it apart? How computer literate are these border officials? would some simple hidden directorys do the job? or why not hide the directory and then encrypt it.... Or possibly a second hard drive with access disabled in the bios, if its just the software you are worried about simply leave it uninstalled until you need it.... put some password protected zips in a hidden encrytped folder..... Many options available, Just depends how sensitive the files are and the consequences of discovery......

As an afterthought why not put all your sensitive software on one of the many available flashdrives, you can get flash drives up to 1 gig and they are about the size of a Bic lighter
Old Jul 24, 2002, 06:33 PM

mate wouldnt recommend it

it will only increase suspicion

only one piece of software i can recommend it is camouflage
go to ***********.downloads.com/ get it from there

it disguises files
Old Jul 24, 2002, 11:47 PM
Veteran

your not a spy are you?

dumb question but do they actually open up the computer and check the inside? i would just have a second hardrive that looked like it was plugged in when in actuality it's not...
i would not make a good smuggler!
Old Jul 26, 2002, 08:38 PM

use camoflage like i said above

it does the biz