CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 20, 2002, 10:24 AM

Default I just Flashed my Hyundi BIOS!!!

sponsored links

I just flashed my Hyundi BIOS and it works!! I had a Final Enigmah WITH the mistake. So I thought I better share exactally wot I did for anyone having their doubts.

1- I downloaded Xflash and put in on my Xbox HD
2- Took appart my Xbox and stood my Mother Board on end inside the Xbox exposing the underside of the mobo and connected everything back into it (HD, DVD Drive and all the onther small plugs.
3- Turned Xbox on (still open wi mobo on end) and went to the first screen of Xflash
4- I then took a pair of sissors and cut wires 7, 15 and 21 where they connected to the Enigmah. I wasn't sure exactally which wires needed to be cut because I had a Enigmah with the mistake and all I knew was that if you had the enigmah w/o the mistake it was 15 and 21 you had to cut. So I look at the diags for both chips and found that on my chip wire 7 went to the same place as wire 15 did on the Enigmah without the mistake so I cut 7 just to bew sure.
5- I then hit start which took my to the .bin selection screen, I selected 2.2.bin then pressed start again.
6- It came up with a big long list of stuff it was doing and finaly said it had finished and something like 'Press start to begin again'.
7- I then turned my Xbox off then on and hey presto EvoX booted!! And so did all my backups.
8- I then turned it off and desoldered the rest of the Enigmah then removed the Enigmah completley, put it all back together and BINGO!!!

I forgot to create a backup of my original MS Bios though as some places reccomended that you did. Is this important? If so is there anyway I can obtain a backup of it somehow?

To Mods: I am NOT asking for someone to give me the BIOS I am simply asking if it is possible for me to obtain one somehow.
Old Jul 20, 2002, 11:38 AM

Each bios contains your boxes serial number, so you could never get that back, I'm sure you could get a retail bios from somwhere though.
Old Jul 20, 2002, 02:19 PM

did u not have to solder anymore points to enable u to flash the on board bios?
Old Jul 20, 2002, 06:17 PM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Ninja [/i]
[B]did u not have to solder anymore points to enable u to flash the on board bios? [/B]
oh yeh sorry i missed a step, u have to solder 2 sets of jumbers - dead easy