CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 22, 2002, 01:45 PM
Veteran

Default X-ecuter diagrams whats this about...

sponsored links

According to x-box scene it looks like there are 9 holes on the PCB (conect points) that you have to solder through. Now it might be a 1 wire mod and we all knew there'd be jiggery pokery, but thats a bit sneaky. I'm asuming that you solder a wee blob through the hole and it makes a connection to the mainboard that way?? (I may be way off track though). This may remove a fair bit of doubt, however for a novice surely there is still an element of risk using this method.
I'm only guessing however and I may be wrong..
Old Jul 22, 2002, 03:54 PM

It is one wire and still easier than any other mod to install. Just lay it in place and touch those 9 spots with an iron, then do the wire. Pretty inovative actually.
Old Jul 22, 2002, 04:15 PM
Veteran

Easy to remove and re-use do you think?
Old Jul 22, 2002, 08:08 PM
Veteran

have you looked at the lpc connector? i knew there would be some pins or something to install on the board... soldering the chip directly seems kinda goofy to me though, they shoulda just supplied pins to put on the lpc header, and put a connector on the chip...
Old Jul 23, 2002, 12:04 PM
Veteran

yea I think pins or just using wires would make or a better method. This has somewhat been a letdown but still easier to install then the enigmah. I am just somewhat worried of just 1 of the points coming loose then you have an unfunctioning board until you fix it. But hey thats what advertising is for, to promote the good and hide some of the not-so-good.
Old Jul 23, 2002, 01:13 PM

If you think its better to use wires for the lpc then get the openbox mod. These lpc mods are great cuz you don't have to take out the mobo.