CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 22, 2002, 11:18 PM
Veteran

Default Installed Enigmah BUT no Audio or Video and DVD wont open?? Plz Help

sponsored links

Hi - Thanks for looking in

I have just followed the instructions exactly as they were on enigmahmods diagrams/website.

I was extremely careful, went and bought all the correct soldering equipment, and spent 2 days carefully installing the enigmah chip.

I have just turned it on and my Xbox is not working!

If anyone can help me I'd be VERY grateful - Have I just killed my brand new Xbox (yeah 'X' exactly)?

Here are the symptoms -

1 - I can turn the Xbox on using the power or eject button.

2 - When I do this, the green LEDs turn on

3 - BUT there is no picture or sound coming from my TV/Xbox AND the DVD drawer will not open/eject.

4 - If I turn it on using the POWER button, it starts the Hard Drive and even spins the DVD Drive a couple of times. But then it will just sit there with no picture or sound. If I try to eject the DVD drive the DVD drive spins a couple of times and then does nothing. The LEDs however flash for about 17 times and then stay on 'solid'

5 - If I turn it on using the POWER button, it starts the Hard Drive and even spins the DVD Drive a couple of times. But then it will just sit there with no picture or sound. The LEDs will be solid. BUT then if I try the emergency eject button on the DVD drive, the DVD drive spins a couple of times and then does nothing. The LEDs however, flash for about 17 times and then stay on 'solid'

6 - If I turn it on using the EJECT button, it starts the Hard Drive and even spins the DVD Drive a couple of times. But then it will just sit there with no picture or sound. BUT - The LEDs will flash continuously.

I have tried everything I can think of but I can still NOT get any picture or any sound or the DVD tray to open.

Please can anyone suggest a remedy or solution or anything to try to get this to work for me?

I'd appreciate any help or advise.

I have checked all my connections and they are fine and correct.

Many Thanks!

[email]marsbarbabe@yahoo.com[/email]
MBB

PS - I read in here about the EvolutionX.....

----------------------------
but in order to use all features the EvolutionX BIOS have to be used.
-----------------------------
The Bios that comes with it, can be flashed (with minor modification) on to the origional xbox bios, and your modchip can be removed!
------------------------------

Will this help my problem?

Thank you, yours melting slowly
marsbarbabe
Old Jul 23, 2002, 04:14 AM
Banned

[b]kate66 you are banned[/b]

Last edited by the3jams; Jul 23, 2002 at 06:04 AM.
Old Jul 23, 2002, 04:31 AM

Default Re: Installed Enigmah BUT no Audio or Video and DVD wont open?? Plz Help

take Ur modchip off then try it, if it works then your box is still ok and U can try to mod it again.
and I would also look at some outher instructions from outher places

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by marsbarbabe [/i]
[B]Hi - Thanks for looking in

I have just followed the instructions exactly as they were on enigmahmods diagrams/website.

I was extremely careful, went and bought all the correct soldering equipment, and spent 2 days carefully installing the enigmah chip.

I have just turned it on and my Xbox is not working!

If anyone can help me I'd be VERY grateful - Have I just killed my brand new Xbox (yeah 'X' exactly)?

Here are the symptoms -

1 - I can turn the Xbox on using the power or eject button.

2 - When I do this, the green LEDs turn on

3 - BUT there is no picture or sound coming from my TV/Xbox AND the DVD drawer will not open/eject.

4 - If I turn it on using the POWER button, it starts the Hard Drive and even spins the DVD Drive a couple of times. But then it will just sit there with no picture or sound. If I try to eject the DVD drive the DVD drive spins a couple of times and then does nothing. The LEDs however flash for about 17 times and then stay on 'solid'

5 - If I turn it on using the POWER button, it starts the Hard Drive and even spins the DVD Drive a couple of times. But then it will just sit there with no picture or sound. The LEDs will be solid. BUT then if I try the emergency eject button on the DVD drive, the DVD drive spins a couple of times and then does nothing. The LEDs however, flash for about 17 times and then stay on 'solid'

6 - If I turn it on using the EJECT button, it starts the Hard Drive and even spins the DVD Drive a couple of times. But then it will just sit there with no picture or sound. BUT - The LEDs will flash continuously.

I have tried everything I can think of but I can still NOT get any picture or any sound or the DVD tray to open.

Please can anyone suggest a remedy or solution or anything to try to get this to work for me?

I'd appreciate any help or advise.

I have checked all my connections and they are fine and correct.

Many Thanks!

[email]marsbarbabe@yahoo.com[/email]
MBB

PS - I read in here about the EvolutionX.....

----------------------------
but in order to use all features the EvolutionX BIOS have to be used.
-----------------------------
The Bios that comes with it, can be flashed (with minor modification) on to the origional xbox bios, and your modchip can be removed!
------------------------------

Will this help my problem?

Thank you, yours melting slowly
marsbarbabe [/B]
Old Jul 23, 2002, 05:44 AM

I just repaired my friends xbox that was doing the same exact thing, I dont think there is anything wrong with your xbox, I think there may be a faulty connection as was the case in my buddys xbox, if one of the wires isnt properly soldered or has come loose, the system cant read from the bios so nothing will open and you get no video / audio, check all your wires with a multi-tester or an ohm tester, after that if you dont find any bad connections then I would do what Varung recommended and if it still works without the chip, then try to resolder the chip in but be sure to pre-tin the wires. good luck, hope this helps
Old Jul 23, 2002, 08:41 AM
Veteran

hi m8 make sure that the board inside the xbox is pushed down
as this might be the problem but the other option is that u solder a wire
the on the wrong link
all so m8 have u tried pushing in the av lead as sometime that needs
pushing in good
dont forget to set the bios time up too for the box

u can not really damage the xbox if u solder the chip up the wrong way
as there is not much power on the modchip

backup2k1(the name u can trust)
Old Jul 23, 2002, 11:09 AM

This sound definately like a unsoldered wire/misplaced wire. My nephews had the same problem and the answer was to solder another wire to it ( different enigmah chip from the states!!).