CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 23, 2002, 10:13 AM

Default How do I know if Ive chipped it correctly.

sponsored links

obviously trying a backup is the answer but i dont have any backups or original games yet..

I have just fitted my extender 1.1 and was wondering if I have done the job right, the xbox powers up ok with the green light and the menu screen comes on and it will play audio cds.

does this mean that the chip must be ok or could it still be installed incorrectly ?

just a thought should a xbox play music on cdr,s ??? if it does will that mean the chip is ok
Old Jul 24, 2002, 05:43 AM

it sounds like youve done the installation ok but theres no real way to test until you get a game and a backup so you cant try them both out. good luck L8R
Old Jul 24, 2002, 07:03 AM

thanks for the reply m8
i hired spiderman last night (for the kids of course) and that plays fine, just need to check a backup as soon as i can get some..
Old Jul 25, 2002, 12:03 AM

Just download EvoX and burn it on a CDRW. It is quite small so it won't take long. If that boots, then the chip works. Later
Old Jul 25, 2002, 02:46 AM

I'm pretty sure it's good since you didn't get any red/orange lights flashing. Remember that different XBOXes like certain kinds of DVD-R media. I personally think that the white top DVD-Rs are the worst for XBOX when it comes down to compatability issues.

[email]chindavon@hotmail.com[/email]
Old Jul 26, 2002, 04:13 PM
Veteran

If you get a dashboard screen, you have done the install properly. Even if 1 wire is off, you will get no dashboard and no video = bad install.