CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 24, 2002, 06:02 PM

Default I've never touched an iron before...would I be able to install an X-ecuter?

sponsored links

Like it says, I've never soldered anything in my life. I've actually never taken apart a complicated system, like the Xbox. Do you think I'd be able to install the X-ecuter without ruining the chip or my Xbox?
Old Jul 24, 2002, 06:21 PM

And what kind of iron would I need? Could I just get a cheap one like this on that's on eBay? I have some solder, just not the iron.

*****************.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1751377694
Old Jul 25, 2002, 12:00 AM

I would suggest the you practice on some of piece of electronics before you get near the xbox with an iron. A 15W iron should work fine. Search the board for solder to find more tips and techniques.
Old Jul 25, 2002, 12:20 AM
Veteran

I just saw the new pics of the x-ecutor (www.xbox-snese.com) and it looks like it's a breeze to install. The hardest part looks to be the 1 wire, other than that you just lay the chip down, and drop 9 small dabs of solder in the holes. They guys that showed the pics said a novice installer could easily put one in...if you never done any soldering, of course you should mess around with some old piece of electronics for a while, but as long as you can get the 1 wire soldered, everything else should be easy as pie!
Old Jul 25, 2002, 02:43 AM

Don't do it! Let someone who knows how. The XBOX is too precious to dink around with.

[email]chindavon@hotmail.com[/email]
Old Jul 25, 2002, 12:28 PM

If I do the soldering wrong with the ONE wire, will it actually screw the Xbox or the chip up?