CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 26, 2002, 02:22 AM

Default .cdi Burning Help! (Please R & R)

sponsored links

Hi, I just recently received a DC game that has the extension .cdi at the end. I know that I need Discjuggler to burn it, so I d/led it. Well, I couldn't burn it with the version of Discjuggler I had, so I decided to try to uninstall it and get another version. Well, it won't uninstall from my computer. I keep hitting the Add/Remove Program button and it keeps giving me a message saying "Another version of this product is alrady installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel." It doesn't want to uninstall. It keeps thinking that I want to install it. Well, one of my questions is how do I uninstall this version of Discjuggler? Also, I want to know how I can still burn the game using another program. Is it possible? One of my friends said use CDI2NERO, but I have Easy CD Creator 4 and I heard that Nero can corrupt Easy CD Creator 4 and my computer. Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

If it helps, my OS is Win 98.
Old Jul 26, 2002, 04:42 AM

Well in version 4 of DJ i belive if you still have the *.exe that you d/l then run it. It will seem like it is installing but in a second you will be able to choose what type of installation you want to do click the last one(uninstall) and it *SHOULD* uninstall.

I have Win 98 Easy CD Creator 4 and I use Nero as my main dc game/emu burning tool(along with cdi2nrg). It has not corrupted my computer or easy cd creator 4. The only program that made Easy CD Creator 4 not work was DiscJuggler 3 or something. I would ALWAYS get a buffer underrun. But now that I use Nero I have never had any of these problems. *NOTE* This does not serve as a garuntee that it won't corrupt Easy CD Creator this is just MY experiences with it so far!
Old Jul 26, 2002, 02:44 PM

Thanks for replying. I am gonna uninstall Easy CD Creator and install Nero and try that. What version of Nero should I d/l?
Old Jul 26, 2002, 06:52 PM

the newest one is what i have.
Old Jul 27, 2002, 02:43 AM

Thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2002, 02:57 AM

wholeFNDeal420, i may be wrong about this but...i think u'll have probs getting completely rid of EZCD creator...i've never used it, but have a m8 who swears by it!...( altho in actuallity i think he swears at it more often :-) ..iirc, u'll need to install fireburner during which it'll give the option to disable some of EZCD's .vxd files in the iso sub system folder, but don't take this as gospel m8 cos i aint too sure...

hth
__
arthur_p_huxake