CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 28, 2002, 06:46 AM

Default HELP Something wrong with my XBOX

sponsored links

i was playing Bruce Lee when my machine froze i reseted the machine and now it flashes red. what can i do?

please help

Soner

[email]introlux@btinternet.com[/email]
Old Jul 28, 2002, 08:17 AM

what do you have in your system, a modchip or a bios flashed. if its the flashed bios, i've been hearding mixed comments about problems and such. if its a modchip and it flashes red, sounds like a hard drive problem to me. it was recently discussed on another board about formatting the hard drive. the only solution i could think of is calling microsoft and asking for the button combination needed to reformat the hard drive, you will need your serial number and alot of convincing. otherwise you will be forced to fork out a hundred dollars for there repairs and with that goes the possibilities of them finding the modchip. hope this helps
Old Jul 28, 2002, 12:29 PM
Veteran

read the manual, it says what to do in the back by what flash you see.
Old Jul 28, 2002, 02:29 PM

handyguy i just checked but it doesnt say anything about the red and green flashes, as for game masters query it was an enigmah modchip that i installed. any ideas please help!!!!
Old Jul 28, 2002, 02:51 PM

red = bad machine

your machine is dead.

and you have no warranty since you've opened it. You'll have to buy a new one. You can TRY taking the chip out and seeing if it works without...but it probably won't. You'll have to buy a new system.
Old Jul 28, 2002, 03:14 PM

well id rather not buy a new system lol, ill just remove the chip take it back to me local games store and get it changed. its only been 2 months so hell have no choice. all the labels underneath are in perfect condition thank god

well thanx any way

Soner