CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 01, 2002, 11:59 AM

sponsored links

Just thought I would chip in here, I did the instructors version of the course, which meant I did sem 1 in 8 days, and sem 2 in 5 (both full time obviously)
Old Aug 01, 2002, 07:01 PM
suspended

Our recommeded is 80% if we fall below that we have to repeat that section, however our teacher told us that if you fall below 90% average you will have a tough time passing the test.

well done Zack

I was wondering if my semester 2 Lab topology would have been the same as any of yours, i have to wire up 5 routers 5 hubs 10 PCs then program them.

At the moment i am using setup mode on the router, i dont want to use setup anymore i want to do it manually. But don't know the commands yet.

I sorta want to get ahead, i am using the boson simulator which is'nt bad.

jonno

ElaineM sounds like your enjoying the course
Old Aug 01, 2002, 07:07 PM

there probably the same labs if u get them of the curriculum. i think just put no in all the things during setup mode and then u can do it manually. Do u get automatically certified if u get above a certain percentage?
Old Aug 01, 2002, 07:13 PM
suspended

Heatball

I don't want to do it through setup mode, there not going to test us like that.

From the router prompt>

They give you an IP address you subnet it then you wire it then you program it. Easy
Old Aug 01, 2002, 07:49 PM
Veteran

Actually....

I have NOT taken it yet. I was supposed to about 2 months ago, but my company needed someone certified in Citrix in order to deal with a new client, so I had to focus on that. I am taking CCNA in about 2 weeks though. Elaine thought I had though, because I was supposed to have taken it months ago!! I can't wait to get it done. I'll let you know how I do when I get it behind me.

Good Luck to every one else as well.

-Zack-
Old Aug 01, 2002, 11:19 PM

heatbball..

The CCNA exam should be no problem if you didn't have that much trouble goin' through Sem 4 and passing the final. The only thing is I would recommend you doin' the CCNA exam as soon as you can when you do the Sem 4 final.

All I can say is study the things you would not normally think would be on the test ........ my instructor recommend that we should get a least a 90% or better on Sem 4 before thinkin' bout the final test...(it payed off too, I got a 96% on my Sem 4 final)

I was suppose to go back and do my CCNP, but I have to wait for Fall or Winter classes to start..... was only ganna take Spring quarter off.. but then things happened .......

jonna112, most of the hands on Lab Finals should be the same: 5 routers, switches, and computers.. depends on how the instrutors want to tweak the Lab finals... my instructor had a different Lab final for every student he had in class, so no one could cheat..... for some reason I grasped the CCNA concepts much easier ...... I'm tryin' to do the MCSE cert on my own... already got my Network+ Professional Cert..... so I figured MCSE wouldn't hurt either.....

Good luck to all who haven't taken the test yet...

Islasian4Life

Last edited by Islasian4Life; Aug 01, 2002 at 11:24 PM.