CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Audio CDs & MP3
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 01, 2002, 04:28 PM

Cool Question for "fawlty" regarding Track Gapping and splitting files..

sponsored links

Thanks for your reply about splitting one file into smaller ones and the problems I've been having with the last couple seconds cutting off of a song and beginning on the next song...

I tried that Feurio and really liked it..I think I'll take it over Nero ....I burned a CD and about 75% of it was perfect....the other bit had the same problem..I think it may be in the way I'm splitting the file and maybe I'm missing something..

here's what I do:

I go into track editor....look at the graph magnified and look for the flat lines....I confirm this by actually playing the end of a track and listening to it end..I then use split tracks(not linked) to create a divider....The index 0: is set to 0:02.000....I believe I keep a pause of two seconds as well between the songs when burning...Is there something between the standard 2 secong gap combined with track splitting that kills the last 2 sec. and starts it on the next song...Do you do anything different or have any tips (Feurio)?

I'm burning at only 4X BTW...

I'm ALMOST there..Thanks.

Kev
Old Aug 01, 2002, 07:57 PM
Veteran

Yes Feurio is probably the best audio burn proggie out there and comes at a great price.

First of all I assume that you have one continuous track which you want to burn with track markers so you can skip to various points on the CD. When you insert the track marker and specify a 2 sec gap the 2 secs will happen before the track marker. When you skip to track you therefore won't have the 2 sec silence first. This makes sense as I imagine most people don't want to skip to a new track & then wait 2 secs. What you are doing sounds right but I'm not sure why you are only getting good results in part of the CD. If you position the track marker in the right spot then you should be OK. Are you listening on the PC or in an audio player? PC CDrom spin up/down times can include gaps when listening which don't actually exist on the CD.
Old Aug 02, 2002, 08:08 AM

Cool

Thanks for the help..I tried it again with feurio last night and did a good copy..I love that software..I used Neuro for years but I'm not going back now...I think your comment about the track marker putting the 2sec. BEFORE may have done it....In my mind I think I may have thought AFTER and thus was a little close to the first song when cutting...We shall see....

Thanks again my man..appreciate it.

Kev