CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 02, 2002, 08:28 PM
Veteran

Default sort of ot... about saves

sponsored links

dunno if this would be considered a backup question... or idea even, but here goes. since we have no xbox gs, nor will those of us loading games from the xbox hdd will be able to use a gs when released, has anyone else been trying save hacks? i am hard at it, but it seems there is a checksum of sorts... been workin on silent hill 2 and i know for a fact that i found the location for health drinks... i had 4 and searched 04 in a hex editor and there was only 1 location with the correct value, so IMO that is the only posiable location, unless they used some wierd encryption on the saves. but i really doubt that. anyway, every time i change the value, i get a file corrupt message. now back in the day when i was hacking dreamcast saves i remembr a small app that generated a new checksum for the file after it was hacked. anyone else tried hacking saves ? maybe we could put our heads together and figure something out. anyway, back to the grind
Old Aug 03, 2002, 01:42 AM

There is a discussion about this at www.xboxhacker.net, there is a checksum and it is complicated. Each developer can select what item they use when making the checksum, e.g. Player name, date, etc. So there will probably never be a universal save editor.