CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 09, 2002, 01:19 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

lmao...you never know where one of these "console debate" threads is going to pop up...I thought this thread was about the ps3???

thanks for the information boss...as for most of the other responses here, I think you're letting speculation get the best of you...it's still a pretty good discussion though...this beats the "xbox sucks...ps2 rocks..." and vice versa comments from the threads in the consumer opinion forum...

best,
jags

p.s. personally speaking...if any of the 3 try to throw a new console at me in the next couple of years they can forget it...I agree 100% with the comment made above that (essentially) we don't need better graphics...if these developers would worry about the gameplay more than whether or not their main character has a high enough polygon count, I'd think we'd all be a bit happier...pretty graphics do not always make for an entertaining game, and I still haven't found games as addictive as the ones made for consoles like the NES, SNES, and the Genesis...
Old Aug 09, 2002, 02:33 PM

I'm not trying to make a versus console topic, but this increasing rush for new systems will ruin both Sony's and Microsoft's plan, while Nintendo will ultimately find themselves at the top. I play videogames, I've only use my PS2 for a DVD player once, that was because I didn't feel like looking for my DVD remote at the time. This multimedia push is crazy. I have all 3 systems, but the way I see it. Microsoft is trying to move their business off of the PC onto something that own. Sony is combining all their strengths into the PS3, akin to what Microsoft has, the strategy tax. Nintendo just makes videogames. When the new systems come out, I can just about promise you since Nintendo will still be supporting the GC and Xbox2/PS3 development cost will be extremely high, companies will start to bring their games to the GC
Old Aug 09, 2002, 10:24 PM

jaguarsin2001 every thing i wrote was fact not speculation, second i don't believe XBOX suxs, i own one. I simple stated facts that are know, Xbox has lost the console wars in sales, althought i do like it better then ps2. Second ps3 is coming out between Hoilday time 2004 to Hoilday time 2005 and that is also fact, thats of chourse unless something goes wrong. plus by then ps2 will be 5 years old and it limits will have been tested. It is perfect timing in my opinion. You will agree once you can comperhend the capabilities of the cell. In a game like PSO There would be universe's with 6 million people playing each system would be controling hundred's of different thing. Making gameplay endless.

Last edited by tsom111; Aug 09, 2002 at 10:29 PM.
Old Aug 09, 2002, 11:35 PM
Veteran

Your definition of fact and mine must differ then ...also, unless you're actually working on the ps3 for Sony then you'll forgive me when I say that I take your "facts" with a great deal of skepticism...nevertheless, some of the information you drop is very interesting and thanks for taking the time to type it out for us...

best,
jags
Old Aug 09, 2002, 11:56 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by tsom111 [/i]
[B]Second ps3 is coming out between Hoilday time 2004 to Hoilday time 2005 and that is also fact, thats of chourse unless something goes wrong. [/B]
[b]that is one of the facts that you got wrong. the chip will begin production in 2004 or early 2005... read more carefully.[/b]
Old Aug 10, 2002, 03:29 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by TreFacTor [/i]
[B]

[b]that is one of the facts that you got wrong. the chip will begin production in 2004 or early 2005... read more carefully.[/b] [/B]
Wuz up Tre havent seen u in a while just wanted 2 say whats going on.

Next I hope PS3 and the next gen systems. Milk the hell out of there current sytems and stick to just video games and internet. DVD, flying machine, blah blah blah. Stop it JUST FOCUS ON GAMES AND INTERNET that is all a real gamer needs. Anyways lets hope PS3 doesnt screw up that launch and take there time. 20 -30 quality games at launch. Also Tre is right, but I say prepare to sell a kidney or a leg to afford these bad boys!