CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Aug 09, 2002, 01:40 PM
Banned

sponsored links

I wouldn't touch XP. You only have to look at the problems people have with it on this forum and not just niggling little problems that 98 throws up but major problems. 2000 or ME is much better, even 98 is better than XP.
Old Aug 09, 2002, 04:20 PM
Veteran

If you like to use DOS stick with 98 or go for a dual boot.
Ive not got much experience with xp Ive only used it at a m8's a few times so Ive never had chance to have a proper play with it, but from what I have done with it I personally didnt like it.
If you dont go for xp as an upgrade dont go with ME its shite IMO.
What querty says is exactly what a friend of mine says if you know what your doing you can have it running smoothly.

Last edited by uk_trader; Aug 09, 2002 at 04:24 PM.
Old Aug 09, 2002, 05:41 PM
Veteran

What exactly is this mystical knowledge one must possess to have Windows XP running smoothly?? My aunt has it, and she doesn't know a sniff about computers and her machine runs fine (she has been out of town and I have borrowed it for a while). I also run xp and have no problems.
Old Aug 09, 2002, 07:58 PM

I installed WinXP and had alot of crashes with 3d games.
Reinstalled WinME.
Tried again a few weeks later, with the same results.
Several weeks later, I decided I wasn't going to let this beat me (after spending the money for the OS).
3rd time a charm.
I didn't do anything different, don't know why it worked the 3rd time.
But now that it is working...it works great.
Old Aug 09, 2002, 09:35 PM

Windows Xp Pro is the one i LOVE! It is SOOO VERY STABLE!
I mean, my pc has been on continuously, for 8 days stragiht, and it didnt have an illegal operation, or blue screen of death, or restart, or anything remotley close to that! When I had 98Se, or Me, It wouldn't go 8 hours w/o a restart!

DO NOT GO WITH WIN ME! IT HAS MORE BUGS THAN ANY OTHER WINDOWS VERSION OUT THERE! 98 Se isn't bad, but its also got a few bugs.
Old Aug 09, 2002, 09:48 PM
Veteran

98 se ; loads faster, shutsdown faster,everything runs faster, restart without reboot, ALL programs run on it.
Closed Thread