CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Aug 10, 2002, 06:28 AM

sponsored links

ESKIMOJO here......
thanks for your replys
i'm more mix up than before now
i need my PC for :
using the net, mp3 file downloads, burning and everyday use ie word & excel doc.
no games play (i have a PSX for that)
don't want to take over the world just have a nice smooth running PC

don't know now. should it be XP or ME

thanks all

Last edited by eskimojo; Aug 10, 2002 at 06:31 AM.
Old Aug 10, 2002, 11:06 AM
Veteran

I was sceptical about running XP so i did what many of the good people here have said and ran a dual boot machine

Once I had XP on and running forget 98se I loved XP

I now have just xp running and would no way go back to one of the others

I use my Pc for very similar things to you and don't really have any probs just the odd quirk but hey I can live with that considering the stabilty and not having to keep re booting every few hours
Old Aug 10, 2002, 12:26 PM

xp all the way, thank god no more ctrl/alt/delete after a blue screen. my xp havent crash once since i had it.
Old Aug 10, 2002, 01:57 PM
Veteran

I think the thing about XP is that before XP alot of people had never run an NT based OS, they had always used DOS based ones such as win98.

Having run 3.11, 95, 98, 98SE, ME, 2k and XP, I would have to say that 2k is my favourite. Which as Lazza said only makes it the best OS for me and not necissarily for anyone else.
Old Aug 11, 2002, 11:05 AM

get windows xp if you have a pretty fast computer and it will work great. it might be stressfull to find patches for some games that aren't compatible but it will be worth it in the end...
also xp is faster at shuting down i don[t know what mrmp was talking about, you can also move files faster from folder to folder and stuff. its very stable just remember to get their updates from microsoft.com if you decide to get it.
Old Aug 11, 2002, 07:00 PM
Veteran

once u use xp pro u wont go back to 98
Closed Thread