CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Aug 11, 2002, 08:02 PM

sponsored links

i would choose Windows XP......of course it has some problems, but not as much as any other OS......these problems are because of hardware incompatibility or driver problems, but recently those dificult drivers are beeing updated as soon as they´re out.....
Personally since a year ago...i had only like 2 crashes in my computer.....not like in Win ME that had a crash every 1 and a half weeks.....see what i´m saying????
Go for XP......you won´t regret it....i know.....
Old Aug 11, 2002, 08:15 PM
Veteran

Well, I pefer XP if I only had one choice but right now I am dual bootin 98SE and XP Pro and both are great. If you play games a lot, I would recommend using XP since I noticed games load and run a lot faster in XP, which is what I mainly use it for aside from programming. Of course, you can easily recover from a crash in XP than in 98SE. If you just run regular apps and normal task stuff, use 98SE. Dual booting would be the best option since you can benefit from both OSes.
Old Aug 11, 2002, 11:01 PM

unless your networking the pc. and need some of the features of xp I would use Win98 much less problems and compatibality issues.
Old Aug 12, 2002, 01:42 AM
Veteran

I think it all depends on what the system is, some systems get on fine with XP - i have 2 systems at home, pc1, uninstalled ME and put xp pro on, the system runs 500% better, alround faster and after nearly a year not seen the blue screen of death. pc2 however, doesn't like it at all it keeps crashing (i have noticed a bios upgrade for this which solves xp issues - not tried it though)

so many people have so many oppinions - "which window is better 98 / XP"
really is an impossible question for anyone but you to answer. you just have to try it.

Go with the dual boot option, after about 2 weeks you'll have your answer
Old Aug 12, 2002, 02:54 PM

0K it looks like i'm gonna try XP but what spec to PC do you need for running XP ?

i know another question

THANKS ALL
Old Aug 12, 2002, 04:26 PM

dual boot m8
if one dont work you can swap to the other
xp is fine as long as it likes what your doing if not your stuffed
i still use 98 as my base system
Closed Thread