CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 29, 2002, 11:49 PM
Veteran

Default How to go from DV to DVD-R that will play correctly on PS2?

sponsored links

Hey All-
I just got my Pioneer A03 installed. I am familiar with how to go from DVD to DVD-R using Smart Ripper, SpruceUp and Prassi and I am also familiar with how to go from DV to DVD-R using TMPGenc, SpruceUP and Prassi....now here is my problem:
from what I understand, the PS2 will not play Mpeg Layer II audio. When I use TMPGenc to convert my DV avi's to MPEG-2 to import into SpruceUp, the audio is encoded into Mpeg Layer II audio. Basically, how do I go from my DV source to a DVD-R whose audio will play on PS2? ....hopefully this question makes sense and I appreciate any constructive help...thanks!

[img]********greenbug.freeservers.com/invisibler_2pods.gif[/img]

Last edited by invisibler; Jan 30, 2002 at 12:19 AM.
Old Jan 30, 2002, 12:03 AM
Veteran

My toshiba has the same issue. What I had to do was get a program called . . . crap. . . trying to rememebr the name. I have it on one of my pc's but that pc is currently hosed. . . Ah! I remembered. Its called Softencode. It was a pain in the *** to find online. Took me a LONG time. It basically will turn Wav into 5.1 AC3.

What I had to do was use Adobe premiere to captrure from DV camcorder then I would save the video as mp2, and the audio as wav, and then use the pogram to convert to AC3, and use smart ripper to burn.
Old Jan 30, 2002, 12:20 AM
Veteran

hey rishardc-
that sounds promising...theres no synch issues on the final DVD-R? also will that DVD-R audio play properly on a DVD player that doesnt have a Dolby Digital Amplifier connected?...thanks for the info!
Old Jan 30, 2002, 01:00 AM
Veteran

Plays completely fine. No synch probs and you don't need a 5.1 setup to play it.
Old Jan 30, 2002, 02:41 AM
Veteran

thanks rishardc!

I was able to find softEncode on Morpheus and I'll give it a try...