CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 30, 2002, 01:12 AM

Default selfboot to non-selfboot, how?

sponsored links

I wanna make a selfboot game non-selfboot (Dynamite cop) so I can add a dummy. Can anyone help me?
Old Jan 30, 2002, 02:03 AM
Veteran

sorry i couldn't help u with that, but i want to ask u y would u want to do that? i have a selfboot version of dynamite cop and it plays fine. it doesn't have any problem with loading, at least i didn't notice any different.
Old Jan 30, 2002, 02:11 AM

You definetly dont want to go through making it non-selboot because you have to mess with the 1st_read.bin and hex it. Instead, get the Echelon selfboot kit, and follow the directions of the included tutorial and you will be able to add a dummy eventually. Basically you are going to copy all the files from the cd into a folder and then you will be able to add the dummy in with the files. Then you have to make the files into an iso which can then be burned onto a cd with a small audio file which you will have to burn on the cd first. Just follow the directions for all the details because in the way it is explained in the tutorial, it is very hard to get lost.
Old Jan 30, 2002, 02:29 AM

Thumbs up

Thanks for your help, I did't know the 1st read had to be hex edited, is there a way to know what to edit?, if it's to much/too hard I will try to make it selfboot.

It's just that I've had bad luck trying to do selfboots, they always end up being coasters. But I'll try anyway.

DC Fisherman: maybe your copy is already dummied, mine is only 220 mb.
Old Jan 30, 2002, 03:06 AM

look back on page 2 or 3. there's a topic about dummying REZ and there's a tutorial in there.

i just finnished dummying REZ and man, it took me damn near 2 hours since i never did anything like it before. now it's just easy. follow the directions on that post and you'll have your game dummied and self booted eventually...if you're patient.

my copy was of REZ was about 400 MB and it was a cdi file. now it's 697 MB, self bootable and dummied.
Old Jan 30, 2002, 06:59 AM

I followed the instructions in the tutorial, but I found this note:

"*If your CDI-image has LBA=11700 for 2nd session, and you canīt burn it, try to run
binhack(see (D)), but when I tried this with Dyn. Cop(changed LBA=11702->LBA=11700),
my copy was a failure - it keeps rebooting again and again...maybe I made a mistake
using e-selfboot-tutorial*"

After I added the audio.raw my image had a LBA of 11702, not 11700 for 2nd session, since the tutorial said it had problems with dynamite cop, I didn't use binhack, result: I made a coaster. Guess I'll try using binhack now to see what happens.

Man, I'm falling asleep...

damn cdrwin burns at 1x speed...