CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 10, 2002, 05:21 PM
Veteran

Default About Xbox chips

sponsored links

I have been gone from the Xbox scene for over 2 months now, so i'm little behind with you guys. I'm thinking of buying an Xbox, but i want to know what chip is the easiest to solder and how many wires there are. Is it easier to solder xbox chips than ps2 chips. I have my ps2 chipped from my mom's friend and i was wondering if it's easier or harder to solder xbox chips. And last but not least, can you burn original xbox games with a dvdr or do you have to dowlnoad it and burn it?
Old Aug 10, 2002, 08:44 PM

"what chip is the easiest to solder and how many wires there are."

Executer is certainly easiest, about 50 bux or so, 1 wire, took me 5 mins to do the first one.

"Is it easier to solder xbox chips than ps2 chips."

Yes alot easier!

And last but not least, can you burn original xbox games with a dvdr or do you have to dowlnoad it and burn it?

Yes you can burn originals, but its not quite that easy, its a lengthy process of uploading all the files from the original to your pc via EvolutionX software, then converting to an ISO, then burning, Much easier to trade or buy the backups, but it can be done...
Old Aug 11, 2002, 02:48 PM
Veteran

thanks for answering my questions, Sharps, but i have one more question concerning the soldering of xbox chips. Is it easier to solder because the points are bigger than the points on ps2 chips? If so, how much bigger?
Old Aug 11, 2002, 05:21 PM

the points are smaller not bigger just no ics to solder to and pads are solder points
Old Aug 11, 2002, 09:01 PM
Veteran

what are ics? One last question, i think, is it easier to take apart an xbox or ps2 because to me, the hardest part of chipping ps2s is taking it apart and putting it back in?
Old Aug 13, 2002, 10:36 PM
Veteran

someone please answer this question. I'm thinking of buying an xbox this weekend