CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 11, 2002, 03:17 AM

Lightbulb Wanna Do Ps2 Switch

sponsored links

Hey everybody. My ps2 is a version 4 ps2. It works fine and i do the no-mod knife method. Its getting kinda old (the ps2) and i wanna do a switch. The problem is if there is like a version 6 ps2 out and they check my serial number and they find out its a version 4. The place i wanna do it is at a Costco. They take everything. What they have is a ps2 kit. Comes with 1 extra controller the ps2, 2 games and a mem card. I wanna put my old ps2 in place of the new one. Will they check there? Its not tampered with and still works fine. I can make it look new. Pretty sure that they scan a seperate upc but not sure. IF anybody has done this please point me where 2 go. I am nervous as hell.

Will the thing scan correctly becuase it think the upc on the bottom of the ps2 is different than the new ones.

Any way the whole reason i am doing this is because i wanna chip my ps2. Tired of the no-mod.

Old Aug 11, 2002, 09:30 AM

chip your version 4. i got the neo 2.5 dvd key on mine. works like a charm and cheap.
Old Aug 11, 2002, 12:13 PM
Veteran

If it works fine, why do you wanna swap it anyway?

crazyguy
Old Aug 11, 2002, 12:38 PM
Veteran

i bet all stores have version 7 ps2 now
Old Aug 11, 2002, 01:11 PM

What you basically do is buy a new PS2 and then switch the tops of both of you're PS2s. Take you're top and stick it on the new PS2, then take the new top off of the new PS2 and put it on yours. The flat cable is one plastic peice that can be removed and out back in without any problems. The reason for this is because the serial is located on the top half. Also remember to keep all other cables/ect. unopened and carefully remove that sticker on top of the PS2 box. Also clean you're old PS2 a bit so it does look new. Put the supposedly new PS2 back in the wrapping and return everything for a full refund because it's unopened. I suggest you don't pay with credit card or check but with cash (it really doesn't matter).
Old Aug 11, 2002, 03:04 PM
Veteran

You'd be better off keeping the v4. It is alot easier to chip and has more modchips available than the newer versions.