CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 13, 2002, 11:03 PM

sponsored links

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by backup2k1 [/i]
[B]hi m8 just turn the xbox machine of with the drive open
if u turn it off at the switch or the button it
should not go back in
[/B]
well it is going back in

i open the tray, leave it open, and hit the power button to turn it off. yet the tray just goes back in.

i read in the install help forum that the first verion xboxs(the 3904 or something liek that) doesnt read some dvd-r games or types of media or something. but the newer verisons do. (the 4xxx i forget the rest of the numbers).

the only way i could get the tray to stay open was to unplug the xbox and plug it back in. and that, sorry to say, still didnt work. if its the media, im screwed..pioneer is the only brand they sell around here. and i thought pioneer dvd-r's were supposed to be top of the line?

Last edited by AFORuledMyLife; Aug 13, 2002 at 11:11 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2002, 11:38 PM
Veteran

Why do u want to get your tray to stay open? Whenever u turn off your xbox the tray will close by itself. I think Pioneer dvd-r is a good dvd-r. Me and my friends alway this brand ***********.supermediastore.com/47dvdisgenpu1.html and it work very well. But some dvd-r will work with xbox. Did you get cd-rw to work on your xbox?
Old Aug 14, 2002, 12:06 AM

i appreciate your help, but all your questions would be answered if u read the whole thread first
Old Aug 14, 2002, 01:24 PM

up