CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 14, 2002, 10:05 PM

Default master slave question [lite-on; 48x12x48; winXP]

sponsored links

ok here it goes

i have just recieved my lite-on dvd and burner drives. (by the way thanks everyone in this users group for the great advise i just trashed my yamaha 20 speed its sucks my lite-on burns a audio cd in half the time)

before i had aranged my drives to be

master cable: hard drive master, creative dvd slave
slave cable: hard drive master, yamaha slave

now when i try this configuration with my new drives it wont let me. it doesnt even recognize any of my drives. so i had to make my dvd and burner drives the master drives. and my hard drives my slaves.

i was having problems with this. my computer was acting jumpy and was freezing up. so i made my cd rom and burner drive auto select.

now my problem is gone it seems everything is running good now. what the hell is auto select. what the hell is going on? why cant i just have configured my drives as before. it doesnt make sense to me.

thanks,
freemp3boycottRIAA
Old Aug 14, 2002, 10:28 PM

Default uhhhh

ok never mind about what i just posted. i rebooted and right after i loged into windows and everthing was starting up my system just restarted. i tried 3 other time and it has done the same thing. so i made my dvd and cd burner drive master. im stumped. i think my bois is set up right. wel but of course it is everthing is outodetect with these p4t mother boards. i must be missing something else. i guess ill go look for some updated drive, i dont know.

freemp3boycottriaa
Old Aug 14, 2002, 10:30 PM

Default oops

i meant go look for some updated drivers not drive. god this webiste is really slow.

freemp3boycottriaa
Old Aug 16, 2002, 07:13 AM

In the long run, you'd be better off just getting another controller card and avoiding all the s/m issues. They're really a bargain at ~US25
Old Aug 16, 2002, 09:45 AM
Veteran

There is no need for a new controller card, I think.
The hard drives should really be set as masters, and the slower devices as slaves.
Are you sure the jumpers were set correctly on your new drives?
Old Aug 18, 2002, 08:58 PM

yes im sure the jumpers were set correctly. i even busted out the manuals just to be on the safe side. im stumped. contoller card? huh not sure what a controller card is i quess ill haft to go check that one out thanks guys.