CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 16, 2002, 02:10 AM
Veteran

Default Copying GC games may soon be possible.....

sponsored links

....according to [URL=***********.pcpro.co.uk/front_index.php?ip=1&page=%2Fnews%2Fnews_story.php %3Fid%3D30978]PC Pro the DVD+RW alliance have anounced the specs for a new type of dvd+r media - 8cm disks. Isn't that was GC uses?
Old Aug 16, 2002, 09:42 AM

ahhh! How many times does it need to be said! Modifiying your Gamecube or dvdr size does not matter!!! The reason working gamecube backups are not available is because no one has figured out how to copy the games themselves. Hopefully someday soon, someone will figure it out. 8cm disks and boot disks do not matter at all.
Old Aug 16, 2002, 09:50 AM
Veteran

I heard someone has copied it already, but still has some bugs in it !

Some part of the game couldn't be copy at this time 5-22-02 (Near the end of the game) !

I've seen it work but still too many switching disc lately (I didn't say it exist just that, I myself know of such things)
Old Aug 17, 2002, 08:15 PM

once gc dvdr media come u will know
Old Aug 18, 2002, 09:18 AM

"once gc dvdr media come u will know" - Gogeta #1

ahh!!! ahh!!! People listen! gc dvdr media DOESN'T matter if you cannot read the data off the original gamecube discs in order to copy them!!!! Understand that the problems with backing up games on the gamecube vs the PS2 or XBOX are COMPLETELY different! We will NOT know when gc dvdr media comes out. We will know when someone figures out a way to copy the game itself. With the XBOX and PS2 people could copy the games to a cdr or dvdr from day 1, they just had to figure out a way to crack the system so they would read the cdr or dvdr. No one to my knowledge has figured out how to copy a gamecube game and gc dvdr media WILL NOT help that problem. I can't wait till they do but you need to understand that the media it is being burned on to is not a problem at all.
Old Aug 18, 2002, 12:43 PM
Veteran

another problem is how to get the gamecube to read the backup....