CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 24, 2002, 10:41 AM

sponsored links

I have to agree...choice x2 in my experience up to now(and thats playing the movies ) ) is that they go all blocky and break up...pause.....and miss bits.Ive tried picture searching back for a few seconds etc...which sometimes works..but only for about 10 secs of the movie.It eventually goes back to the beginning of the film, which is annoying to say the least, especially as the film was a 2 film DVD I'd bought which had no chapters.Like Wilt said, fast forwarding to the place where it started, or just or just past still didnt work!!Very annoying.....Dont know what speed they were burnt at, but Im assuming x2, else why would you buy x2 to burn at x1??
Old Aug 24, 2002, 11:46 AM

It might be worth looking at this from a different way. I used to have an apex2600 dvd player that did this - on dvdr and vcd/svcd, it would never play the end of the movie - it hanged all the time.

I eventually sold it and bought a Yelo800 that plays the same discs but right to the end....

Might be worth thinking about.....
Old Aug 25, 2002, 06:44 AM

I've been having the same problem.
I've tried white label, datasafe, & choice 2x
But I have tried them on a few different players - Dansai,Matsui,Bush,Pioneer,Oratron.
A lot of the movies are stopping half way through or near the end.But there was a few that played ok.
I wasn't sure if this was the media or the player. It looks like the media.
so is Trax the way to go.
has anyone had this porlem with trax??
Old Aug 25, 2002, 06:51 AM

Wilt,

Are you sure that the movie was under 4.3 Gig as I have also had this problem but found out that if it is slightly over 4.3 it cuts off the end.

I have also had a problem with smartripper cutting off the end of the movies for some unknown reason.

The reason I am making these points is that I have used alot of different media and I haven't had many problems with choice Disks.

Jordie
Old Aug 25, 2002, 09:20 AM
Veteran

m8ty i ahd same probs with 2x media on my tosh , 1/5 discs dint play proper , xbox was cool but standalone was tempramental at 2x , but at 1x its cool ,
Old Aug 25, 2002, 09:21 AM
Veteran

Got a couple of movies on Datasafe last week one exectly the same. Normally datasfe are O.K for me but this was a git. It was actual burn errors at the edge as when I tried to rip back to re-burn get to 99% and conked out. Theres a lot of dodgy discs about, just when you think a brand is tip top it takes a nose dive and you get a bad batch. FWS gen 2 were the only consistent DVD-R that i brought in bulk.