CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 25, 2002, 02:05 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Got another problem now aswell.
DVD'S burned with NERO won't play on my Pioneer DV-350-s standalone.
But using Prassi they will, what's up?

I think i have now got the ending problem sorted. Just make the movie a few hundred megs smaller.
Old Oct 16, 2004, 02:50 PM

actually, I dont believe it is the media (although it can play a part)

Firstly, this is a problem that is pretty exclusive to the pioneer range (ao5, dvr106 etc etc)

It only occurs at the end of a burn (last 2-3 minutes of a movie)

Small glitches usually (even at lower speeds though lowering the speed helps ALOT to avoid this)

The data verifies sucessfully in nero in all these discs

So we know its not a bad burn.

What is happening is the drive playing the dvd cant read the data in time. It is seeking the data and as such we see a glitch because its taking to long to read. There is nothing wrong with the data on the drive. It just cant be processed quick enough to keep up play with the movie

I found this out because my PS2 (which I used to play dvds on) is notorious for spitting anything out that hasnt been burnt @ 1x