CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 07, 2003, 01:25 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by gadgerman [/i]
[B]with reference to Templar , Audio cd's won't burn past 24X (see your burning software and burner documentation ) , your burner might say it is but it isn't use a diag prog and you'll see .Even burning data at 52X on certified 52X discs for example doesn't burn at that speed until it get to the very edge ,it gradually builds up to it (CAV etc) [/B]
How about a link to prove this, because I have been looking for an hour and cant find anything to back this up. I have had CD-R drives from 2X up to 48X and each one is successively faster. My 24X TDK took almost 4 minutes to burn a full 80 minutes of audio. My 48X Plextor only takes 2:18 to initialize, burn and finalize a full disc. There is no way that is 24X. I understand CAV technology, and it's speed differences from edge to inner edge, and I'm not claiming the entire disc is burning at 48X. I am saying that the max speed my drive is writing is way over 24x for audio.
Old May 10, 2003, 06:57 PM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Don2050 [/i]
[B]Since we're speculating here.....

Burning through a first layer onto a second withought damaging the first and then being able to burn the first layer after could possibly be accomplished by being able to adjust the wavelength of the laser and perhaps modifying the media or dye to pass through the laser at a certain wavelength but reflect it at another. In essence, a variable wavelength laser with media/dye that reacts specifically at those wavelengths.

As to how easy that would be to build....? I am not up to date on the current state of solid state laser technology......buuut, if there happens to be a physicist among our forum perhaps they could shed some light

ok, I will stop [/B]
if the 1st layer(under layer) was burned using a laser with not enough power to affect the 2nd layer(upper layer) then a more powerful but a different colourfor the upper layer, but as this is stronger it will pass thru the upper layer, put a reflective coating on the lower layer that reflects that light away then in theory it should be possible, i think