CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 23, 2002, 06:51 PM

Default Is the Trojan gone

sponsored links

I was talking to a mate on yahoo chat and i got a message from a spammer and because this message became the active window i accidentally click on the link therein.
It took me to some page, and immediately NAV gave me a trojan warning, saying "Warning: Trojan - Action : cannot access file" or words to that effect. The spammer auto replied that i had been redirected to a trojan site.
In a panic i shut down all apps, cleaned out my IE history, temp internet files, cookies etc.. and disabled my LAN connection.( So did not see what file was infected)
I ran a full scan of NAV and it said no infected files.
I then downloaded Tauscan and did a full scan and it said no trojans were present.
My hard drive is partitioned into C: for Win XP and D: for linux.
I was using WinXP at the time it happened.
My question is....
Has the trojan gone? Or has it infected something in my linux partition and not shown up in the win xp partition?
I've just installed linux and not used it much, so not too familiar with it.
All help appreciated.
Thanks.
Old Aug 23, 2002, 07:19 PM
Veteran

To me it sounds like utter bollox you dont have a trojan, maybe its some advertising gizmo or an applet on the site you were taking to showed trojan activity (A good chance of this if your anti virus and tauscan is using heustics).

And It couldnt infect your linux partition there are very few trojans that are written for linux and as far as I know there is only one that is cross platform ninja something or other.
Old Aug 23, 2002, 07:32 PM

ok thanks...i thought it was a load of old cobblers but it's always reassuring to hear a second opinion.
Thanks again.