CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 31, 2002, 09:43 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by xxfireburnerxx [/i]
[B]this is all to much work im just going to reinstall windows xp before i mess things up even worse. so if i had the original win98 (not scratched up) then its bootable correct? so in the future i can purchase the real one again if its bootable [/B]
Amazing...you've been posting for two days about how desperate you are for help but when you get a few different solutions it's too much work?! A few minutes of work and you might have been done already.

I've put you on my "don't waste time helping" list...
Old Aug 31, 2002, 02:37 PM

no i dont understand how to do all that, i have tried serveral of the things people had said to do, and none of it worked. b/c i dont have a bootable disc. so for the meantime i reinstalled windows xp, until i get a copy of windows 98 again. and when i said its all too much work, i mean by making a bootable disc which they said to make a bootable disc and i dont even know how to, i mean i dont know the correct steps, if i had a step by step list i would do it, but just tellin me to go into nero and burn a bootable disc doesnt tell me anything. so i was all confused, and still im about some of the things, i mean some of what people said helped me out. and like i said if i had a step by step detail on how to make a boot disc i would, but trying to figure what people mean is to hard and i dont want to waste cdrs tryin i have already wasted so many tryin to copy my original windows 98 but its so messed up it wont work right. so until i get a windows 8 boot cd or someone can give me details on how (step by step) to make a boot disc i will leave windows xp in b/c i need that laptop up and running. thanks for everyones help i am greatful, and now when i actually get a bootable disc i know how to do this in the future.
Old Aug 31, 2002, 02:46 PM
Veteran

ok this is the easiest solution to make your cd bootable ,everything you need is here

***********.geocities.com/mark_ashworth1/me_boot/winmeboot.html

you dont have to use cdrwin if youve got nero or easycd installed these are capable of making boot cds .

goodluck
Old Aug 31, 2002, 02:49 PM

thanks for that, but is there any places like that have windows 98, if not i will gladly use windows me thanks again
Old Aug 31, 2002, 03:20 PM
Veteran

jasev gave full instructions for you on previous page ,the link i gave you is simular ,its just making it slightly easier for you with everything there for you ,but just dont download the winme files instead use 98 files from jasev's instuctions
Old Aug 31, 2002, 03:37 PM

thanks okay i have made the boot disc, but how do i install windows from it, i mean it brings up the start with cd-rom support and all that, what should i do so i can install windows?