CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 08, 2002, 01:04 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Its an oldie but a goodie

Thought more folks might need the assistance

Old Apr 01, 2002, 04:07 AM
Veteran

up up and away
Old Jun 12, 2002, 06:42 PM

i backed up fifa world cup 2002 (dvd) using the method suggested above but when i tried the knife trick the game wouldn't load and it made some weird beeping noises...can anyone give me a remedy for this?
Old Jun 12, 2002, 07:41 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by thegage [/i]
[B]i backed up fifa world cup 2002 (dvd) using the method suggested above but when i tried the knife trick the game wouldn't load and it made some weird beeping noises...can anyone give me a remedy for this? [/B]
what did you use as an original dvd to boot with?
Old Jun 12, 2002, 09:27 PM

i used gameshark version 2.0
Old Jun 13, 2002, 08:53 AM
Veteran

It would be a lot easier to get a mod chip dont assault your PS2 with a knife!!!!! (My ps2 is my friend I would never do that to it)

I sell neo 2.2's, neo keys, macrovision remover mods, and multimode 3 chips for the psone/psx if you are interested.

Also you need an original DVD with a TOC higher than the DVD-r you are trying to boot with

If you have a GS 2 Version 2.01 then follow this but when it is time for the second swap open your tray manually with the knife method and you dont have to hold the reset button down since you dont have the chip.

This is from www.kyamodchips.com
If you have a GS 2 version 1.9 the instructions are different

DVDr based, and EA protected games: (Gameshark 2 2.01)

This paragraph explains something you need to do ONLY once with your Gameshark 2, unless you reset your dongle to factory defaults some day. From the main Gameshark 2 menu, select, "GAMESHARK CODES", and press x. The next screen is your code list, and at the very top is the -- ADD NEW GAME -- option. With it selected, press x. At the next screen, press x, and a message will appear, (Updating Code List, Please Wait." After this message goes away, a new screen comes up wanting you to enter the name of the code, just press x again, and the same message as before will appear. The next screen is where you would enter codes, but we're not here to do that, just press x, and the same message will once again appear. Your Gameshark 2 dongle is now ready to boot dvdrs, and EA games.

With the Gameshark 2 disc in your Playstation 2 drive, and the Playstation 2 in standby mode, (reset light = red), press and hold reset. When the Gameshark menu appears, press eject, remove the Gameshark 2 disc, and place your ORIGINAL dvd based game in the drive. Note, this dvd original MUST have an equal, or greater T.O.C. than the dvdr based game you're wanting to boot. Close your Playstation 2's drive. As your Playstation 2 is recognizing the dvd original, go to GAMESHARK CODES. The next screen is your code list, and you need to select -- New Game --, and press x. The next screen is the selected game's code, and there is one code, which is -- New Code --. With this highlighted, press x ONCE. This will either check, or uncheck the box, which will force the Gameshark 2 to update the code list a little later on. Ok, now press start. The screen you should be seeing will have two options, WITH CODES, or WITHOUT CODES. Either one works, because there isn't any code to load! Now, you should STILL be holding reset, if not, you've messed up, start from the beginning. Press x. Now you'll have the screen come up that reads, "Start game with, or without codes enabled, Insert disc and press X to start or press O to go back." Have your finger ready to press x. Also, have your dvdr ready to be put in the drive. Now, release reset, and press x once. The screen will give you the message, "Updating Code List". The drive will soon eject all by itself, and then you must remove your original dvd based game, and place your dvdr inside the drive. The tray will automatically close within 6 seconds, so act quick! Game will boot after 2-3 seconds after the drive closes.

EA protected games: Skip the part that involves the original dvd based game swap, follow the rest of the steps.

After you've done this a few times, you'll see how easy it really is. It's easier than 1.9 I think.

Last edited by ps2daddy; Jun 13, 2002 at 08:58 AM.