CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD > DVD Tutorials and Guides
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Jan 06, 2002, 01:42 PM
Veteran

Lightbulb DVD to CDRom instructions in here...

sponsored links

For DVD to CD questions use the [URL=***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=10]VCD forum

I removed all of the instructions from here as they can be found in the [URL=***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=205]FAQ in the [URL=***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=10]VCD forum

Last edited by celtic_druid; Aug 09, 2002 at 03:19 AM.
Old Sep 24, 2002, 04:32 PM

I have bought copyanydvd it says I don't need a dvd writer to backup my dvd's. It is supposed to allow you to rip from any cdr. Have I been conned
Old Sep 24, 2002, 11:31 PM
Veteran

What is it with all the thread hijacking lately.

Yes you have most likely been conned.. All those packages are usually is freeware software and guides for converting DVD to VCD, etc. Even if they are not freeware software they do not usually make it very clear that you are only converting to VCD and not magically copying DVD's onto CDR's.
Old Nov 15, 2002, 11:22 AM

Yup big con Its just a bundle of assorted software and some 'magic'..cough instructions.

ie: Its all the stuff you can get for free, off the web already, they just put in one pack, with fancy box, and price to match

I used a tiny little free proggie that works great, called DVDx tested it on a movie, converting to SVCD, worked great, played fine on my tv dvd player.

Probably could do most of your backing up with just that proggie

Steve
Old Mar 06, 2003, 01:56 PM

I got a spam the other day a product called DVD Copy Plus, for $40, which promises to copy DVD movies to CD-writeable media (CD-R/RW). Then i read somewhere the movie industry is trying to ban it.
Old Apr 15, 2003, 03:59 PM

this software that you pay for is a con. i downloaded a copy of replicant and the software included was smart ripper dvdx and vcd easy. so jus download these three programs and it as simple as can b. btw i never paid 4 the software either.
Closed Thread