CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 08, 2002, 08:38 AM

Question Sygate Personal Firewall Pro....Problems

sponsored links

I've been using Sygate Personal Firewall Pro for a couple of weeks and am noticing that things are starting to go pear shaped with my system....Nero doesn't work properly, can't burn audio CD's....some games don't work properly anymore, things like saved games don't restore properly, graphics incorrect etc. Other applictions keep closing for no reason.

Is there a known problem with Sygate Personal Firewall Pro?
Are other people having problems with it?

The uninstall for this product doesn't work either so I can't remove it properly to test if all is OK with it gone. My system was fine before I installed this product.

Win98SE
AMD Athlon 850
ATI Radion 7200 Graphics
MSI K7T Turbo MB
384MB RAM
Old Sep 08, 2002, 01:11 PM
suspended

Hmm, never have had a single problem with it myself and have used it on all Windows platforms from 95-XP. I would install the very latest version over the top of your existing one (latest is V5 b1137) and hopefully the uninstaller should re-appear.

Run "sfc.exe" also to see if there are any corrupted Windows files on your system. Moving this to Computer Security forum where other members may have some more ideas...
Old Sep 08, 2002, 01:26 PM

Sorry...wrong forum!