CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Sep 15, 2002, 11:31 AM
suspended

sponsored links

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by 68techman2000 [/i]
Tell me it is not so :-). Does this mean all my future children will have goofy hair cuts and retard looking glasses? [/B]
Sorry to be the one to tell you but......the answer is yes!

Leave Bill alone, he's a martyr.
Old Sep 15, 2002, 05:48 PM

One question i regards to the WMP update...when you said "you have basically signed away your rights" what do you mean exactly....it on the TOS, or someting close to it?

And i thought When you are updating, the pop-up window that comes up says, "this is a getting a catalog of your computer...[B]this is doen without sending information to Microsoft[/B]"....does this mean MIcrosoft lied ?
Old Sep 15, 2002, 06:06 PM
suspended

Can't find a link right now (I will have a proper look tomorrow if I can find the time) but it's the agreement you click on yes to before you install that update that I'm refering to. You basicaly agree to not download any music onto your system that M$ do not aprove of legal/license wise.

As regards Windows Update that to a point is true at present. However, when Windows Update changes to V5 on October 10th 2002 that will change quite dramaticaly to say the least! M$ will then (so we are told) be checking every single product they have ever issued against the one you submit at the Windows Update site for Win 2000 & XP, well we all know that they have given up on providing any real support for all other Windows O/S don't we.

But until V5 comes into play nobody really knows 100% for sure.
Closed Thread