CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 13, 2002, 06:35 PM

Thumbs up Swap Magic Disks are ace

sponsored links

I can't understand why this hasn't been mentioned on these forums before the Swap Magic boot disks make playing backups on both CDR and DVDr so much easier. I have a PS2 with the Neo 2.2 mod and before to play a DVD backup I was messing around booting from action replay then swapping with a OPM cover disk whilst keeping the reset button pressed. With the Swap Magic DVD boot disk you just power-on the PS2 and keep the button pressed after about 7-8 seconds a screen appears telling you to insert DVD backup. Release the reset button, out pops the tray, insert the backup, the tray then returns, press the X button on controller 1 and thats it. about 15 seconds in total to do the complete swap, I have checked the size of the DVD boot disk in my PC and it 4,675,043,328 bytes in size which I think is bigger than any PS2 DVD I've come across. My mate has a PS2 with no mod and uses the knife trick to swap. He just boots the Swap Magic DVD boot disk and when the "Insert DVD" screen appears just does the knife trick inserts the backup and it works, every time. Also the CDR boot disk is 703MB so games that didn't work for him because he didn't have a mod chip now work. Also the DVD boot disk boots CDR backups on my PS2, again this is dead simple. Just boot to the "Insert DVD" screen press eject and insert the backup. thats it again less than 15 seconds to do the swap.

For 12 I can't fault them.

Skunk
Old Sep 13, 2002, 07:31 PM

Where do you get em from ?
Old Sep 13, 2002, 07:35 PM
Veteran

Sounds good for no mod users. It has been mentioned here before, but nobody had tried it. I seem to remember that there was no NTSC version out for it either. Where did you get it from? Maybe you could post a link for it. The link that was posted here for them had very vague descriptions, and even seemed a little bit fake. Thanks for the information.
Old Sep 13, 2002, 09:07 PM
Veteran

Could you give the link, I would like to do some testing for the FAQ
Old Sep 14, 2002, 06:46 AM

I ordered them from ***********.success-hk.com/ and yes the description is a little vague. By the looks of it there are only euro and Jap versions available.
Old Sep 14, 2002, 08:39 AM
Veteran

So let me get this, with Neo2.2 you have to do the EA boot method for all cdr and dvdr games? and it takes one swap?? even for DVDR??
I'd be interested in buying this, too bad no NTSC version.