CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 17, 2002, 11:22 AM

sponsored links

these appear to be a blaze product.why arent they on any blaze site except hong kong???
Old Sep 17, 2002, 01:12 PM

Maybe due to the fact that Hong Kong seems to get away with ALL sorts of crap when it comes to apps/vcds/copied games etc.

I don't know, I am just positing.
Old Sep 17, 2002, 06:59 PM
Veteran

mods i posted a topic about buying these disks in the uk but it got closed and i was told the was a post in the uk BST forum but i just cannot find it (tryed a search just comes up with magic 2 chips).

does anyone know the link to this topic?

thanks
Old Sep 17, 2002, 07:05 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by {(^_^)} [/i]
[B]What you're saying is that we can boot dvd-r and rips over 630Mb without a chip/mod with these discs?

Sounds too good, but hey I'm cynical. [/B]
[b]you still need at least a [u]no-solder mod or neo 2.2[/u][/b].
Old Sep 18, 2002, 12:01 AM
Veteran

continued from this post:: ==>
[url=***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=183643]Check this out PSX2 Boot disc posted by: m1cheese

i'm merely pointing out the flaw in calling any of these discs "BOOT DISCS"

the fact that [u]any[/u] mod whatsoever being needed negates the possibility of this being a [b]boot disc[/b], when [b][u]it actually doesn't boot on it's own[/u][/b].it [b]needs[/b] the help of the mod, so i asked myself why would a [u]boot disc/swap disc[/u] if it were [u]a true "boot disc/swap disc[/u]", need the assistance of a mod, any mod to boot? the only thing i can think of is that these discs are merely dummied gs/ar2's with some protection on them.... that's the only reason i can think of for a so called "boot disc" to need a mod.

[u]shouldn't a boot disc just boot ?[/u]

it's sort of like having a ten foot [b][u]micro chip[/u][/b], the fact that it's [b]ten feet[/b] negates the possibility of it being [b][u]micro[/b][/u].

i'm just speaking out to clearify this for the [b]MODLESS[/b] portion of the people that come here and read this post. for those of you who have the privilege of having a mod it doesn't effect you, but it gives false hope to those who don't.

Last edited by TreFacTor; Sep 18, 2002 at 12:13 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 04:14 AM

Any info on getting this in the UK would be cool.

Thanks