CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 14, 2002, 06:18 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Also--for everyone else reading this... burn ONLY at 1X!!! I know, it takes a while, but go have a cup of coffee, read the paper and then you'll have a good burn that won't ruin your laser...
Old Sep 14, 2002, 07:23 PM
Veteran

Yeah, but you'll find the majority of new CD-R Burners, can't even burn that slow anymore
4X you'll find is [B]slow[/B] enough

-Konga123
Old Sep 16, 2002, 11:41 AM
Veteran

dont i feel stupid now...i got a cd burner with my computer really long ago. the max it goes it 4X. Well, at least it does the job though
Old Sep 16, 2002, 03:21 PM
Veteran

Hmm, I think that your install on A-I is not all correct if it's not booting and the unit goes to the browser screen. Since it's recognizing it as a PS2 blue bottom, the BIOS install is fine.

BTW, Messiah doesn't really need a tap of reset to boot (you'll get about a 80-90% success boot rate this way. Once in a while you will get a red screen, but all you need to do is tap reset once to get it going.)

The PSX color problem is because you don't have the NTSC fix add-on chip. An alternative solution is to put a switch on the V line and close the switch for PS2 and open the switch for PSx.
Old Sep 16, 2002, 04:16 PM

No, it's not just that PS2 itself automatically goes to browser screen, it's when I entering browser screen myself to check if PS2 recognizes the software, but then when I try to load the backup, no matter if I do it from browser screen or just by pressing reset once and waiting for it to load, it's doesn't load.
And my A-I point are pretty good, because I resoldered and rechecked them all and they all good. I just think I have some problems with laser or something.
Old Sep 17, 2002, 03:07 PM
Veteran

I agree, it's either laser or media trouble. If your machine boots up at all that's a good sign that the chip is working. If you can boot originals then the chip is 100%, it's your laser or media.