CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 17, 2002, 03:48 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

I still think it's DVD controller. Redo the points if you must, but your problem is that. I know, I have had this exact situation, originals will boot and backups would just go to the browser screen saying PS2 disc.
Old Sep 17, 2002, 08:59 PM

So, lets get it straight. If PS2 boots up and acts normal then the bios points are good, right. But even if there is something wrong with CD/DVD points(even though I gently pulled all the wires on these connections to make sure they soldered good and they are), the PS2 will be still acting normal and boot PS2 originals and PSX games but not backups( unless its a bad media or laser, but how come PSX backups on the same media boot?). But I thought for Messiah there is no difference if you boot backup or original it just boots them, right. Or maybe I should just solder points A,B,C,H,I next to the D,E,F,G points, this way they all in one place. Will this help?

Also I have another question how else can you check all the connections without multimeter?

Thanks.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 04:00 AM

From my experience if the browser is showing the backup disk as an authentic ps2 disk but not booting it. Its a problem with the bios wires or the messiah isn't configured correctly so re-check the jumpers too.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 08:25 PM

Ok, I redid the A-I points and they all soldered to the alternative points. So now after PS2 cdr backup is booting, instead of Playstation2 logo it says "Unable to read disk" (not a disk error, it's different) message ( before I redid the points the message was "Insert disk" ). Originals still boot. Now I don't know what to do next. Did anybody had the same experience with these messages and was able to fix it?

Also I'm using the same installation pictures as on a China-Messiah website and is the something I need to know, maybe like some points need to be changed or something, especially on american V4 PS2. Anybody knows about that?

Also I forgot to mention it. Is that a normal thing with a tray after you install Messiah, when I open the tray put the game in and then press reset, but before closing tray mechanism inside makes some grinding noise and only then closes, but when you try to close the tray with eject button it slides in normally. And I remember it wasn't like that before I installed messiah.

Last edited by PS2resident; Sep 18, 2002 at 08:35 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 08:38 PM
Veteran

I'm not sure why I didn't think of this before, but it sounds like your wires are too long. Did you install the Messiah on the far side of the board like the Magic or Apple? You can't do this w/Messiah, all wires must be around 4 inches or less. Here's a (poor quality) pic so you can see what I'm talking about:
[IMG]********webpages.charter.net/madisonmods/images/Messiah%20installed.jpg[/IMG]
Old Sep 18, 2002, 08:39 PM
Veteran

As for your additional info... this noise is coming from the PSX fix chip. It's installed incorrectly (or it's bad), that's what makes the grinding noise.