CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 18, 2002, 08:47 PM

sponsored links

Even shorter then the ones on a picture - mines are almost from one point to another( maybe wires for alternative points are 3 inches ).
Madison mods, do all the wires need to be the same length so the signal travels at the same speed to and from chip? And I don't have PSX fix chip installed yet.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 08:58 PM
Veteran

No, the wires don't need to be the same... And you don't have a fix chip... that's even more confusing. I've heard the sound you mention before, and only in conjunction with a PSX fix chip. You've got me stumped now man........ Check your "V" point maybe???? or the reset????? I'm grasping....

Last edited by madison mods; Sep 18, 2002 at 09:03 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 09:02 PM
Veteran

By the way, did you do the expert install?
Old Sep 18, 2002, 09:09 PM

Madison mods you do the installs right? How much will it be if I would send my PS2 w/Messiah to you and you would do the installation service? I'll just try to troubleshoot it for couple more days and if nothing works I'm gonna have to send it to do install somebody more experienced.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 09:34 PM
Veteran

Well, I really don't know. I think I agree w/moddogs (dvd controller) on this one, and I think he's had more experience than me. If you haven't already, check your points for crosses. Just put your meter on the aduible beep for shorts and if you hear any solid beeps (not just a short blip) check those points...
Old Sep 24, 2002, 02:26 PM

I finally discovered the problem - it was my laser! I bought a new laser, installed it (installation is so easy, by the way) and now my messiah chipped PS2 boots everything first time and every time (even those backups on a bad media I had, but you can hear laser working to hard, so I better use silvers to save the life of my new laser). So all those checking, rewiring and resoldering of points I made were good and I knew they was good because I checked it hundred times. So I would recommend, to everyone who has the same problem as I did, to make sure you have a good working laser; don't always blame it on the chip or soldered points, like I did.

Also with tray open when I press reset, before closing tray still makes grinding noise and only then slides back inside (also I discovered that I don't have to do that to boot PS2 games, they boot fine with pressing reset button when tray is closed). So anyway is that noise because I don't have PSX ntsc fix installed yet or does it have to do something with tray mechanism?