CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 17, 2002, 08:44 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

ps2 isn't going anywhere!!! They have a good standing with the public and game developers. Eventhough i don't have proof of this...i think that Microsoft....is "PUTTING THE MUSCLE" on game developers. I think that they give them altermatiums saying they have to have some sort of "perk" over the competition....and i think that this isn't setting well with the developers....esp Japanese developers. I could count all the japanese titles on one hand.

Another thing....Microsoft isn't a hardware company...with the exception of pc joypads and controllers. They could have actually "made" money if they just ported some of their pc titles over to GC and PS2.

Microsoft is greedy in a different way...they aren't out to make money for themselves but to make sure that no one else can.

I'm shocked that ms didn't add a vga output and support for a keyboard and mouse...to their arsenel of useless features.

And the consumers know this!

damn monolopy
Old Sep 17, 2002, 11:46 PM
Veteran

[B]NeverEVER!![/B]

[B]Ever![/B]

nUBs

Last edited by Nubs; Sep 17, 2002 at 11:51 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 10:13 AM
Veteran

Console systems have a typical lifespan of 5 - 6 years so the PS2 should be around for about 3 or 4 more years...then the PS3 will be out.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 11:36 AM
Veteran

How many years has the PS1 been around??? I remember it being around in the days of SNES, but it was like $500 USD. Its still kickin.
Old Sep 19, 2002, 04:43 AM

All of you should just come to terms with that whisper in the back of your heads, you KNOW pc gaming is the best, theres a mouse, and the keyboard. At least I can aim for an enemies head without grating the synovial fluids dry between my thumb knuckle on the shitty ****ogue stick of an x-box

seriously though Nintendo's consoles have always been too cartoony for my taste, only games i enjoyed were originals like Mario Kart 64 etc. PS2 is established now in the market, I reckon it will stay top for a while longer.

Lets see what happens, oh wait! here comes Nintendo's next console already!
Old Sep 19, 2002, 06:27 AM
Veteran

Yeah... the whisper that says... you like to setup games for an hour and then your computer crashes and by then the phone rings and ppl come over and you're still trying to get your computer to work!! grrrrr... You mean that whisper?? I'll play my console thank-you and with my friends I might add!

Computer games....

I stopped playing those years ago......