CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 05, 2002, 05:13 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

liteons are not that expensive.you can get a dvd and writer set up for about 70.then you will be able to copy alsorts.
Old Oct 05, 2002, 10:06 PM

I'm sorry, but that too is even a little to high for me at this point in time. What I mean my bight budget is that after I go through all the bills, gas in the car......the wife......I have about $5 lect to get me through to the next paycheck. I really wish I was makin it up, but I am not. Hopefully I will get my bills caught up in the next 2-3 months so I *might* be able to enjoy myself once again.

Thanks for the help and info, though. I do apperciate it.
Old Oct 08, 2002, 07:52 AM

The way I backedup MOHAA was to copy all of the files on the cd to a temporary folder then burn backafter changing the CD volume name to the same as the original.You then need a no-cd patch available from www.gamecopyworld.com
Old Oct 08, 2002, 12:40 PM

I hae thought of that, but there are times when I have no luck with no-CD patches and XP. The best alternative(SP?) that I have found is to use insektors. Its a simple little hook driver that reports back to the game that it is the original CD when it actually is not. In order for insektors to work properly though, it has to be used with an original ISO (one that you made yourself from an original CD). You run Insektors through the image file, and it will patch the copy protection in the image file. when you run the back-up, the hook driver will see the patched sectors, and report the patched sectors to the game as if the sectors where the original, thus the game will still load just as fast as if it were the original CD.
Old Oct 08, 2002, 04:42 PM
Veteran

have you got blind read\write.try this and copy the cd with the nibble setting.if that dont work i think your up s**t creek without a paddle
Old Oct 08, 2002, 10:24 PM

lol, do you have a good paddle? I have tried it. the only way I have been able to make a working backup is to use insektors.