CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 19, 2002, 05:11 PM

sponsored links

Hi BlackWar
I have just joined this Forum, and was interested to find out how much success you had since you last posted the problem with MoHAA
I have wasted 20 discs, trying to do the same thing as you. I have clonecd, I have tried Blindread, Can you explian to me how to use "Insektors" ???

Kind Regards

Fatboymart
Old Dec 19, 2002, 07:48 PM
Veteran

If you are having problems then I guess your burner does not support SD2, so just use the new emulate weak sectors option in CloneCD, this should give you a working copy.

You could also use Daemon-Tools or Alcohol for emulation as well as I guess insektors.
Old Dec 19, 2002, 09:11 PM

BlackWar:

Here's some additional info:

I was able to make a perfect 1:1 copy of MOHAA (U.S. Version) using Alcohol 120%.

The burner I used to make the image and burn it is a Toshiba SD-R1202 comdo DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive. My OS is Windows XP Pro.

The game ran perfectly, without the need to use CloneCD's "Hide CDR Media" feature running in the background.
Old Dec 19, 2002, 10:32 PM
Veteran

Just like to point out that Alcohol has it's own hide CDR media type function, which is enabled even when the program is not loaded. Discovered this when Lite-On's smartburn utility would not detect a disc... Loaded Alcohol up, disable the option and then closed it, then I was able to read the ATIP again.

It also has several emulation options.
Old Dec 20, 2002, 07:48 AM

Thanks

Just one more thing to add. I copied the disc MoHAA, and installed disc 1, when i came to play the game i inserted disc 2, as per instructions, the copied disc 2 will fail to play 19/20 but that last attempt, will play, and you would never know i had a problem, 19/20 I dont get the dos box, but then, bingo,just to scared to shut the game down now.

Regards

Fatboymart
Old Jan 06, 2003, 06:22 AM

What I have been doing is just running everything from an image file off of my HD and am saving the cdr's for music, lol. I am currently using alcohol 120% to read the image files (that list to just double click on is sweet), but, I havent tried using alcohol to read the copied cd, or to actually copy for that matter.