CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 24, 2002, 02:02 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default finding out motherboard type?

sponsored links

i currently have 266MHZ but wanna upgrade it if possible to pentium 3 or celeron 600 or 700mhz. if possible.

anyone know any sites which reveal wot type of motherboard u have and the max, processor ur motherboard can accept??

cheers
regards!
Old Sep 24, 2002, 02:21 PM

when your computer boots up a lot of numbers appear at the bottom of the screen. this is the bios I.D string

If the motherboard has an AMI BIOS, read the BIOS ID string and cross reference it on the AMI site. AMI has a Motherboard ID Utility which is designed to assist in determining the manufacturer of a motherboard using AMIBIOS that you can download from:
***********.ami.com/support/mbid.html.

If the motherboard has an Award BIOS (now made by Phoenix), go to the "Motherboard Manufacturers" page for a cross-reference of ID numbers and motherboard manufacturers:
***********.phoenix.com/pcuser/phoenixbios/motherboard.html

[email]zybernut@hotmail.com[/email]
Old Sep 24, 2002, 03:48 PM
Veteran

I just want to point out that there is no way the mobo will support a P3 or Celeron if it's currently got a 266Mhz processor. That would date it way before P3 or Celeron technology and I'm almost sure that it won't be compatible.

Still, those sites above will help identify the current mobo.
Old Sep 24, 2002, 04:34 PM

true. my motherboard is either a intel chipset. 800series or 400 series but i used 2 software packages which told me different versions.

the intel website told me 400 series and an other software called infowin told me 800 series
Old Sep 24, 2002, 04:39 PM
suspended

Try [url=***********.3bsoftware.com/downloads/sandra.html]Sandra.
Old Sep 25, 2002, 09:38 AM

wen my computer boots up, it does not display all the numbers like sum computers do.