CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 27, 2002, 06:55 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Why don't you just try it? It is outputting in Progressive Scan.

You can always have backups of the original xboxdash.xbe and the dvd2x one. So just try it to see if it makes a difference.

All I know is that after I change it, all the movies, menus, are outputting in progressive, so my normal TV displays it all messed up refresh rate. If I move the unit to my HDTV it plays fine.

svga should be fine, depends what resolution you are running, the Nvidia gfx chip is more than capable of outputting high res.

here is the link that I ORIGINALLY saw this info on.

mod (sorry to link to this, but I don't wanna try to argue on this topic - all I know is that it is in progressive scan with the hack)

***********.xboxhacker.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d9041b11061ffff;act=ST;f=9;t=6547

Last edited by Jaymus; Sep 27, 2002 at 07:14 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2002, 07:39 PM

I think the reason xbox took out progressive scan is because they didn't want people to buy there machine only for a progressive scan player and maybe a game or two. Microsoft needs to sell something like 5 games for each xbox sold to break even. I know alot of people who were going to buy the xbox in the begining because they thought it would be progressive scan during movie playback, and they aren't gamers. They just think the gaming part is a bonus and they might buy 1 or 2 games.

Last edited by schultzie73; Sep 27, 2002 at 08:10 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2002, 07:57 PM

Cool. I just bought the monster component pack so I didn't even know those options were in the original MSDash. I got it working, but I can't tell too much of a difference. Thanks for everyone's help.
Old Sep 28, 2002, 04:10 AM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by schultzie73 [/i]
[B]I think the reason xbox took out progressive scan is because they didn't want people to buy there machine only for a progressive scan player and maybe a game or two. Microsoft needs to sell something like 5 games for each xbox sold to break even. I know alot of people who were going to buy the xbox in the begining because they thought it would be progressive scan during movie playback, and they aren't gamers. They just think the gaming part is a bonus and they might buy 1 or 2 games. [/B]
No offense but that's crazy talk. The progressive scan would be the bonus, not the gaming part. If it's a progressive scan dvd player I want then I could guarantee an XBox would not be high up on my list. I mean why would I buy a gaming console to watch my movies on? There are so many better dvd players offering more features for the price.
Old Oct 22, 2002, 05:45 AM

If I do the hex edit to enable p-scan, what will happen if I boot using evox dash? Will it be screw up? I am asking this coz you are asking me to edit the original xboxdash and I boot the evox dash, not the original xboxdash.

Last edited by chuliu; Oct 22, 2002 at 11:23 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2002, 09:39 AM
Veteran

What would hapen on a tv that has no hdtv capabilities? will the movie play ok anyways?