CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 28, 2002, 02:02 PM
Veteran

Angry "Capcom to sell out to M$"?..

sponsored links

[b] First i would like to say that, Damn that will Suck major A$$ and if I may add, F*Ck Bill Gates[/b]

[I]Capcom losses spell Microsoft Buy Out[/I]

Dire losses spark acquisition frenzy.

Following initial financial forecasts of just short of £2 million profit for the year ending March 2003, Capcom has now predicted that it expects to lose around £66 million, sparking intense rumour that a Microsoft buy-out of the firm is on the cards.

Capcom stated that increased operation losses, combined with failed landholding investments are to blame for the situation.

Even before we broke the news of Microsoft’s Rare buy-out, rumours that Xbox staff had been in talks with Capcom had surfaced. It is well known that for a long time Microsoft has been looking for a high-profile Japanese firm to acquire, to the extent of approaching both Sega and Nintendo in the past.

Microsoft needs a Japanese signing of substance to strengthen its offering to the Xbox-apathetic gamers in the region as its machine continues to gain a foothold in the Japanese market, a factor seen as essential for wider commercial success in the games hardware market.

We’ll bring you more on this as it breaks. Remember where you read it first.

Courtesy of www.spong.com
Old Sep 28, 2002, 04:25 PM
Veteran

SO? Why would it suck? Exactly what is wrong if a company that's close to bankruptcy gets bought out by another?

Squaresoft was in finacial trouble and got partially bought out by Sony and everyone applauds, but if another company is bought out by Microsoft people *****. You people are hypocrits.
Old Sep 28, 2002, 04:43 PM
Veteran

I hate that.
Bill Gates is a motherf*cking greedy *******. First he bought of Rare, looks like Capcom is next and I wonder what's after that or in the future.
Why the f*ck do u applaud M$ actions?
If M$ buys of Capcom, I'm positive some of the developers will quit just like in Rare and therefore soon it will turn into crap.
Old Sep 28, 2002, 04:45 PM
Veteran

I also would like to add that I'm glad Nintendo turned down Bill Gates offer of 25 billion to buy off NINTENDO.
That b*tch is turning everything upside down.
Old Sep 28, 2002, 06:02 PM
Veteran

If they buy Capcom, the developers may not dev. games for the X-box, they only buy the company, not the assets.
Old Sep 28, 2002, 06:49 PM
Veteran

wtf is wrong with you guys, why do you hate microsoft. don't hate cause hes rich and your not. just play the games, you don't even buy originals so capcom isn't making any money off you guys