CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 29, 2002, 07:37 AM

sponsored links

Eminem it would be loads better for consumers if there was only one console, because there are 3 atm it means the people who cant afford them all are missing out on some great games (e.g Halo, Mario Sunshine and GT3). If there was only one we'd all be able to enjoy the best games

I also heard a rumour that Nintendo may not make another console after the GC, and just become a software developer like Sega did. I think thats a great thing as it means you're still going to see the same quality games, just on a different console.

And what nan says is totally true, you don't contribute towards Capcom or any other company's success so why do you care who owns them. It may even be partly due to piracy that Capcom is having to be bought out...

I'd love to see Resident Evil on my XBOX, so I'm happy

shock / John
Old Sep 29, 2002, 07:53 AM
Veteran

u would have to blame capcoms lack of sucess for the lack of good games, other than res evil what other capcom games do u own?? exactly they still release 2d fighters that no one wants oh i forgot i have powerstone on my dreamcast, that would be nice to see on xbox, but anyway if they started producing something new, they would make more sales
Old Sep 29, 2002, 08:04 AM

shockster your wrong totally about being better if there was only 1 console how do you think technology advances, we would all be driving around in old crappy cars if there was not all the major car manufacturers around, and there would be no ABS,AIRBAGS,SIDE IMPACT BARS, AND THE LIKE, same with any other make and manufacturer of any item . FACT competition moves things on, nintendo 8bit, sega 8bit, sega 16bit,nintendo 16bit, then sony decides they want a share so all the companies try and make there machines better and so on and so on.

and as you said you would love to see resident evil on xbox, so would i but you dont have to buy the company just to have it on the xbox do you

COMPETITION MOVES TECHNOLOGY FORWARD

EMINEM
Old Sep 29, 2002, 09:55 AM
Veteran

Capcom, are a pretty poor s/w house, A few good games but on the whole too much emphasis on Street Fighter Turbo V's X-Mens uncle's harder Dad evoluton edition. Let it go Capcom. They also seem to be flogging the survival horror genre a bit too. Some good, a lot bad.
Does it matter who has shares in it? Just make some original games you slack lazy Generic Game By Number making bas@rds.
As for those hating Gates or MS, feck sake you got nothing better to do?
The Box is an extremely powerful bit of kit, it's easy to develop for and cheap to buy. If people would take off their blinkers, they'd have the best game console on the market. The games for it are capable of knocking those from other consoles into a cocked hat. If you are a true game player, and with a strong line up of decent developers the combination of games and console is a winner.
Old Sep 29, 2002, 11:40 AM

go capcom!!res evil on the xbox.yippie!!
Old Sep 29, 2002, 11:58 AM
Veteran

It seems like Bill Gates is trying to own the videogames world too.
Too much monopoly.
I would hate to see only 1 console and let Bill Gates turn this situation the way he did to Netscape, which he f*cked.
Capcom has many good games. TO name few are Onimushua,DMC, RE, and others.
If there was only 1 console, NOBODY would be playing backups by now.
Since they would have loads of time to concentrate on piracy and ways to stop it.