CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 05, 2002, 02:39 PM

sponsored links

we knew dreamcast was doomed when a unoffical boot disk came out.....Hmmm a disk fell out of the back door of dreamcast head quarters anything to try to sell the dreamcast just happend to fallout of the backdoor when the playstation was out selling it
Old Oct 09, 2002, 07:12 PM

Sega's Reputation for building and abandoning it's hardware is what brought their downfall. I know that's what made me think twice about buying sega.
Old Oct 09, 2002, 07:30 PM
Veteran

Which hardware are you referring to? I know they've made plenty of bonehead moves but even with the Saturn, Sega did their best to support it to the end...my above remarks were a bit flippant (and yet true ) but...if the geniuses had dropped the price of the DC to such a great extent BEFORE Christmas, instead of after, that could have gone a long way towards keeping the DC in the game for a while longer. Sega most definitely supported the DC, at least in terms of great software...

jags
Old Oct 09, 2002, 11:18 PM
Veteran

I thought they dropped it to $50 before thanksgiving?
Old Oct 20, 2002, 06:06 AM
Banned

becoz sega can not make a top console like the ps2 2 save there lifes
Old Oct 20, 2002, 07:40 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by jaguarsin2001 [/i]
[B]Which hardware are you referring to? I know they've made plenty of bonehead moves but even with the Saturn, Sega did their best to support it to the end...my above remarks were a bit flippant (and yet true ) but...if the geniuses had dropped the price of the DC to such a great extent BEFORE Christmas, instead of after, that could have gone a long way towards keeping the DC in the game for a while longer. Sega most definitely supported the DC, at least in terms of great software...

jags [/B]
He could refer to everything after the Megadrive (console or addon-wise): MegaCD, 32X , Nomad, Gamegear, the portable MegaCD/Megadrive (name eludes me, cool looking machine) as well as the Saturn and Dreamcast. Of course, the Saturn, Dreamcast and Gamegear weren't as much as a disaster as the rest of the others.

Nobody knows whether the DC would've been in a better position if Sega had dropped the price before chrimbo. The boot disc was out, and there was no way for Sega to stop the pirates. The final nail in the coffin.

Its ironic that only now, after the DC and its games are as cheap as chips, that people are buying them up, and praising the machine for how good it really is.

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by skillfully[/i]
[B]
becoz sega can not make a top console like the ps2 2 save there lifes
[/b]
No, you must mean to say because Sega can't advertise as well as Sony.

The DC is/was better than the PS2. Graphically, games that featured on both the DC and PS2, the DC games were better looking (Space Channel 5, F355, Ecco, RE Code Veronica etc. and from reports, even Half Life). Not really a good sign of a "superior" console, eh. Of course, PS2 owners [i]now[/i] can praise the console for the quality games. Was a different story a year or 2 ago.