CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 01, 2002, 09:45 AM

Default Matrix No solder Mod Review

sponsored links

Today my Matrix mod for xbox arrived. I must say how delighted I am with the design all components look very well built and the chip its self is of a great quality build.

The package contained one chip, programmer and small washer, be careful when opening as you may drop it.

The mod comes unflashed for legal reasons. I know this may sound very daunting for some of you to flash the mod but believe me it is incredibly easy.
To Flash the mod you simply plug a 9Volt battery into the programmer and secure the chip onto the pins of the programmer.
When you have done that you simply plug it into the back of the printer port no cables what so ever are needed. Once done that you need the Flash tool and Dll file from ***********.warmcat.com/milksop/wmilk.exe and here ***********.warmcat.com/ntiosupp.dll. Once you have these extract them into a directory with evox 2.5 available from www.xtracer.net Eg extract all files to c:\Matrix. You must then go to the command prompt or dos prompt and enter the directory the bios and wmilk is in eg: C:\Matrix. From here you type wmilk -c -a ffc00000 -v -p evox25.bin. Then it will programme and takes a few minutes. Thats it!
After this you will be all set to go. The install is very easy to do as the manual shows. I will be installing later on after my xbox is delivered.

I would reccomend everyone should buy this one, this is a modders dream!

For further information and to buy the matrix please visit www.xodus-chip.com
Old Oct 01, 2002, 10:53 AM
Veteran

If i were you, I wouldnt post a review until you have actually put the mod on the XBOX and played it...
Old Oct 01, 2002, 06:32 PM
Veteran

Oh well, it looks like the bios is pretty easy to flash in the chip. How did you discover that you could do it that way? I thought it was better to wait for the Matrix people to release a Windows program for lamers like me with which you can flash the thing with just a click.

Anyway I couldn't download the .dll you mention, only the .exe, but I managed to find the .dll anyway here: ********warmcat.com/ntiosupp.zip
Old Oct 01, 2002, 07:02 PM
Veteran

ohh wow this is GREAT news.....

gonna order this chip ..looks absolutly great

THANKS so much for posting that flashing info ..i havent been able to find that exact info anywhere

so do i plug that chip directly into my printer port on the back of my computer?

or do i unplug the cable from my printer and plug it into there?
Old Oct 02, 2002, 11:23 PM

it comes with a programer also, and the chip goes in it and then in your lpt port. mine should be here in a couple of days and will post....
Old Oct 03, 2002, 04:52 AM
Veteran

I still havent found a way for milksop to run on windows xp, there must be a way with the run command option, I have seen milksop run but then it exits out the programme?