CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 07, 2002, 07:03 AM

sponsored links

You can now get a handy tool to configure your new hard drive for you. It can be downloaded at usaul places, send me a mail and I will forward a copy to you. Its called NewHDEvoX1.2.rar

[email]TheBrooster@funkysnowman.co.uk[/email]
Old Oct 07, 2002, 07:30 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by TheBrooster [/i]
[B]You can now get a handy tool to configure your new hard drive for you. It can be downloaded at usaul places, send me a mail and I will forward a copy to you. Its called NewHDEvoX1.2.rar

[email]TheBrooster@funkysnowman.co.uk[/email] [/B]
.org/

SO WHAT DO U DO IF U HAVENT GOT A PC IN THE FIRST PLACE????? i havent got a pc, anyone willing to sell me a copy on dvdr? i have a chipped xecuter xbox im after the goldberg evox 2 without a pc...u can find it here,

www.goldberg-mods.co.uk/xboxdownloads.html

the thing is i cant download it and burn it to a dvdr as i havent a pc...will anyone sell me a copy on dvdr?

[email]cupsoftea@sega.fsnet.co.uk[/email]
Old Oct 07, 2002, 08:27 AM

If you don't have a PC its hard but I think its possible. All you need is the latest copy of EvolutionX and there is a HD prep utility inside it. You boot to the EvoX CD and then tell it to prepare your new HD.

Go to Buy / Sell / Trade and find somebody selling XBox DVDrs...definetly get it on DVDr.
Old Oct 07, 2002, 11:06 AM
Veteran

New HDs have to have zeros on them. Some of the new HD's don't as some guy pointed out wheen he checked his & used ones surely don't.....but often the new ones should be ready to put in.
Old Oct 07, 2002, 02:40 PM

Mine (Western Digital) definetly wasn't 0'd out. But I thought the new EvoX 0'd out a HD.
I did mine before the new EvoX so I'm not positive but I thought I saw that on another site.
Old Oct 07, 2002, 05:24 PM

Default restore cd

well, what i did was back up the original contents of an xbox hard drive (the c: and e: partitions) and put them on a cd.

made a restore cd you could say.

if you use a restore cd like the one i made, the latest evox build and boxplorer you "can" upgrade the hdd without a pc.

simply prep the hard drive with evox.

boot up the xbox with boxplorer on a cdrw.

swap the boxplorer cd for the restore cd and copy all the files to their respective partitions.

Cheers!