CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 04, 2002, 04:01 PM

Default F**k I'm About To Throw Away My Xbox

sponsored links

I READ THRU ALL THE FORUM FOR THE XBOX. I'M A NEWBIE. XBOX CHIPPED WITH THE ENIGMA FINAL CHIP. I TRIED ALL THE FOLLOWING MEDIA. CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-RW/DVD-R/DVD+RW. TRIED TDK, MEMOREX, FUJI,IMITATION,MAXELL,JENSEN,MEMOREX BLACK BOTTEMS, ALL BURN AT 1X WITH THESE DIFFERENT PROGRAMS, NERO, RECORDNOW,CLONE CD, PRIMO, CDRWIN, AND NOTHIN FREAKIN WORKS. PLEASE, I NEED SOME HELP. I GOT THE GAMES FROM A GUY. THEY ARE ON TDK CDR'S. NO MATTER I CAN'T GET THE XBOX TO READ. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATE IT. THANKS MUCH
Old Oct 04, 2002, 04:05 PM
Veteran

man, give it to me before throwing it out.

How are you copying it, you said you were a newbie. If you follow Cal_G's tutorial exactly, and burn to DVD-R. It will work.

Stupid question, but you have a DVD-burner right?

Only thing I can say is, is it chipped correctly? Have you tested any working backups on it to make sure the modding is correct?

You say they are on TDK CD-R, most XBox's will RARELY read CD-R. Best thing to test is, get a WORKING DVD-R from someone and test your chip.

Jaymus

Stop it with the yelling in caps also :P
Old Oct 04, 2002, 04:07 PM

swap ur drive out for a pc-dvd-rom drive, it is very easy to do!... pioneer 106, or a liteon seem to be the ones to go with...i got a pioneer and it works luverly

hth
__
arthur_p_huxake
Old Oct 04, 2002, 04:08 PM

NO DVD-R WORKS, NOTHIN WORKS. SO I CAME TO THE CONCLUSION EITHER THE XBOX IS MESSED UP OR THE DISK I GOT IS MESSED UP. I GOT 5 XBOX GAMES ON CDR IN THE MAIL. TRIED MANY TIMES TO COPY TO THOSE DISK. NOTHIN WORKS.
Old Oct 04, 2002, 04:14 PM
Veteran

Well, have you tried making a burn yourself? Get an original - FTP the files over to the PC HD and burn using Cal_G's tutorial to burn. It will work on a decent DVD-R media and burn on 1x.

If that doesn't work, it's the chip.

Like I said, not all XBox is going to play the CD-R backup, some with Philips drive would be prob not.

1. Get a working DVD-R backup, either buy one or burn one yourself.
2. This would check to see if your mod works.

Also, do you have Evo-X dashboard installed? If you can run unassigned code like the dash or any prog/games of the XBox HD, then the chip is working.

If not, send me your XBox before you trash it, lol :P
Old Oct 04, 2002, 04:15 PM

stop shouting fella!..we hear u!... does ur xbox boot to the menu after u installed the chip?..if so, it's working m8, so calm urself down!..u say u 'no dvdr works' then say u got '5 xbox games discs on cdr' ?!.. have u tried swithing ur xbox off with a backup in the drive then switching it back on?....pah!, fUk all this messing about!..just swap out ur drive for a pc dvdrom drive!

hth
__
arthur_p_huxake